PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They always think they are right and that they are the best in the world. They have it easy compared to mps students.

The teachers treat me different cause im black. They think we are all idiots. This school also has no money and is basically supported by the church and donors. Those teachers also smack tables and one time they told us that we have no chance in life and that we should mind our own damn business. So yea, I would say you are better off going to mps or antartica

i rate it this way because it is a good school and it have every thing you can do there and there are grate opportunities.

A few years ago, I chose not to send my students here. But as the new administration settles in, it's gotten better and better and better. I've got a student here now and am very happy. Students come out able to articulate themselves clearly and persuasively (and grammatically) in writing and speaking. The math program builds a super solid foundation and takes students as far as they'll go (beyond calculus 2 if desired). The history teacher is amazing, not only at teaching facts, but at presenting multiple perspectives and interpretations. Besides regular science classes, I think they offer three different Advanced Placement science classes and the option to be coached on a fourth. I think the Latin teacher has a Ph.D. There's also Spanish, and there's art, and there's music. I see best friends across racial lines. My (shy) student says "there isn't anyone here who's mean."

Amount of homework: Agree

There is a lot of homework. But it's homework that promotes learning, not just busywork.

They are good teachers yeah. It was a good experience thanks for all your help

On the topic of test scores, a statement from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction acknowledges changes to how the cut scores on the WKCE were tabulated in 2012-13. According to a DPI statement "Due to this change in cut scores, comparisons between 2012-13 performance levels and prior years performance levels will no longer be appropriate for reading and mathematics." (http://oea.dpi.wi.gov/oea_profdesc) As a result, all schools saw dramatic changes in historically consistent student achievement. It is incumbent upon each parent to visit a school and make an informed choice about the right fit for their child. Eastbrook Academy encourages you to visit and see the program in action. EBA also conducts national based standardized testing for all our students. Please visit http://www.eastbrookacademy.org/academics/competition.htm to see how our students are achieving.

This school was very good when my children started going there. There was new leadership and the school completely changed into a new school that I did not even recognize. There was even teachers that were bullying kids. It was not an atmosphere of love. I had to take my children out because of not wanting their spirits crushed. It was a "religious school" but not a christian school if you know what I mean. I am very happy my children do not go there anymore. I hope by the recent comments on here(providing they are not fake and generic). That the school has changed into a more loving positive environment.

The best information I can provide about Eastbrook is that I feel confident that my child will graduate and not only be prepared for college, but prepared to handle many of the challenges facing young people today. I am grateful that we have found a school that provides the Christian foundation we provide to our child at home and that this woven into an excellent cirriculum.

The school is a great place to work and to teach. It is a very rigourous, diverse and loving environment. I love the support of my fellow staff members, and the community we have among parents, students, and staff. The small class sizes allow each student to feel connected and to have their individual questions answered. Christ is at the center of all that we do. I love working in an environment where children from the inner city as well as the suburbs learn, play, and grow up together. i am blessed to be working at the Academy.

Last modified Eastbrook Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.