PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

This is a very secretive school! They do NOT have an open door policy. If you bring a treat for birthdays they want you to leave in office, if you want to surprise your child and pop in class they ask you stay in the office! They claim to have an open door policy but it's the complete opposite! K4 and K5 have a silent lunch and when they talk their sent to an area as punishment and if talking during snack they do not receive it! Also, in K4 and K5 if homework is not done the kids are placed on the fence during recess. I won't even begin on the irresponsible and rude office staff because that would be another page!

My son attended Messmer prep from k5-2 and I am pulling him out. Their curriculum teaches behind and it sad to know that the things we work on at home is not addressed at school. My has been getting bullied for the past two years now. I found out that my son was bullied by 4th graders when he was in the first by another student I didn't know. He told me that him and his brother pulled the boys off my son. I never got a call home pertaining this incident. Another one that happen this year was my son was slammed to the ground by a third grader bruising the side of his face and not once did a teacher call me telling me what happen. I ask about my son day they say he had an okay day. Messmer is not like how it use to be. K do not recommend this school to know one. Their testing is really low. You're child will be behind if you allow your child to attend.

I have two students that began their academic careers at Messmer after 7 years I had to take my child out of this school due to bullying and the administration took no interest in the tornment that was being inflicted on my child. It is sad that this is a faith based school and the majority of the bullying was racially motivated they do not teach acceptance or loving thy neighbor

Our child has attended Messmer for 6 years, and to read some of the comments regarding Messmer I find disturbing. Messmer is overall in our eyes an excellent school that thrives on academics,faith,leadership,self-worth and zero tolerance for disruptive behavior. Our daughter is a high achiever in the overall curriculum. So yes I encourage anyone reading this blog..see for yourself, and ask other parents that are involved in their kids school. It's unfornate that some parents had such a bad experience.

I am a parent of a student here. I feel that the wool was pulled over my eyes on the first visit to the school. There is a huge difference in what the staff told me they will be doing to what was done. The teachers at least the ones my daughter has had are great. The school however seems more intrested in if i'm paying them then teaching her.

Last modified Messmer Preparatory Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8