Posted April 30, 2014
We LOVE it! A great sense of community and with amazing teachers and staff! We are so happy to be part of the Woodlands community!

Posted April 29, 2014
Woodlands East has given my son the opportunity to learn about various cultures, participate in a variety of learning experiences that he is able to comprehend without constant instructions. My son has awesome teachers who work with him to better understand what is expected of him daily. The school is a wonderful community that reaches out to all no matter race, ethnic background, religion, economic status, etc... I love the "Woodlands Way" it's the best way to go!

Woodlands School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
My feelings about Woodlands are mixed. While I do feel there are many positive aspects of the school, the consistency in which the teachers seem to deal with students needing extra attention varies from year to year (unit to unit). When it comes to discipline, I feel that there is an overall lack thereof. I have to seek out information from teachers regarding my child's behavior, in-class progress, etc., despite my repeated requests to stay informed when problems arise. (I can't work on problems at home if I don't know they exist). Perhaps it's a general 'fear' of the use of discipline that has overcome the school system in this day and age, probably due to repercussions and parent/public backlash, but if my child misbehaves, doesn't complete their work, talks excessively during class, etc., I expect there to be some consequences from his teachers. On the positive side, Woodlands is far better than any 'regular' MPS school my child would be able to attend. Their approach to curriculum is unique, and unique is, in my opinion, far better than the bare minimum that other comparable schools scrape by with

Posted April 29, 2014
Love love this school!! I wish I would have found out about it sooner. The principles that are being taught in addition to the great education are priceless. I know my daughter is better equipped to handle her future because of woodlands!!

Posted April 29, 2014
Woodlands offers a well rounded education for our son. In addition to french twice a week he has music, gym and art. The Woodlands teachers are engaged and work together well to nurture each individual students approach to learning. The school combines grade levels so students can work to their individual levels. It is one of the most naturally diverse schools in the city of Milwaukee. There is a great parental connection that we as a family cherish. I know that the friends my son has made and the friends we have made at Woodlands are life long friends. We all care about each other and isn't that what it's all about? I know we made the right decision to send our son to Woodlands. It is a wonderful school.

Posted April 29, 2014
I have to qualify my review by saying that this is our first year here. That said, I am so impressed with the school thus far, and so relieved that our children are being educated here. We looked at many schools. What makes Woodlands different (and better): multi-age classrooms and impressive differentiation across all subjects means that each child is working on material at his/her level. The caliber of instruction in both gen ed and "specials" has blown us away. In the gen ed classroom, teaching methods are progressive and integrated (ie, a reading and science lesson that also involves an art project). There is a lot of time devoted to music, art, gym, French, and library, and the specialists are extraordinary. The character curriculum is wonderful and reinforces our home values. Families seem welcoming, invested, and diverse. This school offers our kids the best of what a public education can be, which, in this day and age, is nearly impossible to find.

Woodlands School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter has been at Woodlands School since she was in K4 and now she is in 6th grade. I really love the student diversity, curriculum, staff and students. We are all like a family. I really like that there are no behavior issues with students. The staff overall is very efficient and effective in resolving issues in general. I really like that the school has an active PTA where parents are the driving force in supporting the school. I like that they are inclusive of all students. I highly recommend it to family and friends. I am always promoting the school when people are looking for a school for their young child.

Posted April 27, 2014
Woodlands School has a caring staff. They work hard to meet the diverse needs of students and families. Families at Woodlands value quality education and children at Woodlands receive one the best educations available in the city. As a special educator, I am able to see most of our classroom teachers and specialists in action on a regular basis as I support and observe my students. I've been an educator since 1974, and what I see at Woodlands is far superior to what I have observed in other schools I have been at over the years. The good thing is we are all working to make Woodlands even better.

Woodlands School 2

Posted March 19, 2014
The school itself is decent. Even though the school claims that it is very "family-oriented" it really isn't. Most of the families & staff act very stuck up, and snotty--I mean come on---we all poop! I always feel obligated to justify myself for every time my son "misbehaves. " Then on top of that I am still stuck paying $$$, when they don't even seem excited to have my child attend! My son still isn't happy attending it, I have to force him up in the morning (class begins at 8:15am, other schools @ 9am) the teachers seem like overly-sensitive robots and everyday I believe I'm getting complaints about SOMETHING! LITERALLY! And in all honestly the building itself needs a lot of working on doesn't seem to fit state approvals, the playground---wait what playground/parking-lot, the underground tunnel, certain classrooms, etc. etc. And when are you ever going to really use your french language? And what building a child's motor skills too with some serious sports? The only thing sorta nice is the personal attention some of the students may receive as it would differ if students attended a public school.

Posted March 03, 2014
Been a Woodland's Parent for 13 yrs. Have been through ups and downs. Not a perfect school but a fairly good school. Very family orientated. Love that the office and teaching staff know you by name. Looked into possibly changing schools at one point when i thought we needed a change. Once visiting other schools, Woodland's remained the better choice. I would recommend Woodland's School to my family and friends.

Woodlands School
5510 W Bluemound Rd, Milwaukee, WI  53208
Last modified Woodlands School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodlands School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top