Caa1328f82a1e3402e0ca719210c85792aefb343-130

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Woodlands School 5488193 2

Posted March 19, 2014
The school itself is decent. Even though the school claims that it is very "family-oriented" it really isn't. Most of the families & staff act very stuck up, and snotty--I mean come on---we all poop! I always feel obligated to justify myself for every time my son "misbehaves. " Then on top of that I am still stuck paying $$$, when they don't even seem excited to have my child attend! My son still isn't happy attending it, I have to force him up in the morning (class begins at 8:15am, other schools @ 9am) the teachers seem like overly-sensitive robots and everyday I believe I'm getting complaints about SOMETHING! LITERALLY! And in all honestly the building itself needs a lot of working on doesn't seem to fit state approvals, the playground---wait what playground/parking-lot, the underground tunnel, certain classrooms, etc. etc. And when are you ever going to really use your french language? And what building a child's motor skills too with some serious sports? The only thing sorta nice is the personal attention some of the students may receive as it would differ if students attended a public school.

Woodlands School 5469199 5

Posted March 03, 2014
Been a Woodland's Parent for 13 yrs. Have been through ups and downs. Not a perfect school but a fairly good school. Very family orientated. Love that the office and teaching staff know you by name. Looked into possibly changing schools at one point when i thought we needed a change. Once visiting other schools, Woodland's remained the better choice. I would recommend Woodland's School to my family and friends.

Woodlands School 5428998 2

Posted January 28, 2014
You just wait until your son goes to a higher grade and have a talk to the social worker. Ha! let me know if she is willing to help. At first they gain your trust and then... you'll see. Good luck. Woodlands use to be a proficiency and caring school. Have you heard of the bowmen's programs or something like that?? what is good about it? let me know if he helps too.

Woodlands School 5344308 5

Posted October 30, 2013
Woodlands is a high-diversity, high-standards, high-performing urban school. They are learner-centered and practice many different authentic methods of assessment. Students are happy and kind to each other. Parents are welcomed and expected to be involved in the school. Teachers are friendly, considerate, and curious about each student's growth. We love Woodlands for our children's education!

Woodlands School 5344442 5

Posted October 30, 2013
We feel so fortunate to be a part Woodlands. The school works extremely hard to create a wonderful learning environment and a close knit family community that seems very rare today. The staff and teachers work so hard, making many sacrifices and putting in many volunteer hours to make each childs experience the greatest k4- 8th grade school experience. They work individually with each child to insure educational sucess, foster self confidence and respect for the environment and others. They beileve that a child's early school experience sets the tone for the rest of their lives and take full responsibility to make it a positive one and make the child proud of their achievements. They were willing to do everything possible to help my son be sucessful in school, with his peers and pass kindergarten. They treated him as an individual and on a case by case basis. They didn't look at his problems as problems or think that he was misbehaving. They worked so hard, for 2 years, to figure out exactly what worked for him and ensured his sucess. Because of Woodlands, my son graduated kindergarten and his IEP. I truly don't believe we would have experienced the same sucess rate elsewhere.

Woodlands School 5341467 5

Posted October 28, 2013
Woodlands School is an excellent environment for children to grow and learn. The parent and teacher involvement is amazing.

Woodlands School 5341468 5

Posted October 28, 2013
Woodlands is a great school! Family friendly environment that challenges the student to do his/her best. I would highly recommend Woodlands to any family. The school is very diverse in it's student population, something you do not see in many Milwaukee area schools.

Woodlands School 2730540 5

Posted October 21, 2013
Woodlands parents and teachers value quality education. They work together to find the best way to meet the needs of their children. "Character Education" through "Time For Living" and "Small Families" helps to develop children of character who understand and demonstrate responsibility, respect, trustworthiness, caring, fairness, creativity and citizenship. Knowledge and practice of these concepts becomes what is known to all as the "Woodlands Way". Woodlands students develop strong character and receive the best in whole child education. Bravo Woodlands! I have worked in a number of private and public school settings in my 30 plus years of teaching. Woodlands does it best!

Woodlands School 4417489 5

Posted October 21, 2013
Woodlands is a diverse, caring and a great fit for my sons learning. The teachers are very open and willing to work with the parents. The other parents are wonderful.

Woodlands School 5333045 5

Posted October 21, 2013
This is a wonderful school. Its philosophy supports character development, community building, social skills, and mutual respect as well as academic achievement. It provides a calm nurturing environment with space for individual learning styles and enables children to feel safe to explore new things. The teachers are nurturing and have the desire and time to reach out children's unique needs. Truly the best.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Woodlands School
5510 W Bluemound Rd, Milwaukee, WI  53208
Woodlands School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews.