Bad
Good

Capitol West Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
Capitol West Academy is a great school with teachers who care about the educational needs of their students. As a parent, communication is very important to me and the teachers/staff do a wonderful job of keeping me informed about my child’s academics. I appreciate the Passport because it’s a proactive program that allows daily communication between the teacher and parent and it also allows students to set new goals each week….I believe this is the formula for student success!

Posted June 03, 2015

Capitol West Academy 4

Posted April 11, 2014
Great school, teachers are very caring towards the students and they try hard to get students to complete their homework that is given every day. Counselors are very hands on with the children my grandsons loves the school.

Capitol West Academy 3

Posted October 27, 2013
Capital West Academy is as great as they can be, with what they have. There is great communication between leadership, students, and parents. I just wish there were foreign languages taught.

Posted May 21, 2013
Capitol west academy school really care about the kids education.The teachers always make sure the kids are up on their homework.

Posted February 20, 2013
I am disappointed with the overall rating of a 3 for our school based solely on our WKCE test scores. What is not taken into account with this rating is students' academic growth. Last year, our students overall made two years growth! We'd love to share that data.

Posted February 20, 2013
Capitol West Academy provides students with the latest research-based curriculum innovations to help ensure success for all learners. Teachers teach to students' strengths and provide at-level instruction! Teachers also work with families to build a partnership between home and school. This is a great school!

Capitol West Academy 2

Posted July 21, 2010
The principal was very nice and approachable. The first year was very successful. Great teacher. The second year was not the same quality. My child would go days without homework in certain subjects and the teacher seemed a tad clueless. I am thinking about not returning my child because the standard of teachers is too questionable.

Capitol West Academy 4

Posted June 25, 2010
I disagree with the previous review.my family LOVES the principal and we are very sad to see her go. The principal did such a great job of setting up policies and practices that the school ran smoothly in her absence. She had severe medical problems and was unable to come back. I will miss her! However, the great staff and leadership will continue to provide great education for the students. I love CWA! I disagree with the previous review.my family LOVES the principal and we are very sad to see her go. The principal did such a great job of setting up policies and practices that the school ran smoothly in her absence. She had severe medical problems and was unable to come back. I will miss her! However, the great staff and leadership will continue to provide great education for the students. I love CWA!

Capitol West Academy 2

Posted June 23, 2010
The office staff and teachers are changing almost every year. I have a hard time keeping up with who is going to be the teachers, office staff and even Principal. The last 2 years the staff & principal have been the best ever althought most of the teachers did change. The office staff changed as well and you never know if they will be nice or not. The Director on the other hand is rude and has not handle issues that came up the last part of the year as the Principal was out. You would think she would welcome parents and instead she is rude. I'm not sending my kids back fo this reason. The biggest issue is her in my opinion.

Capitol West Academy
3939 North 88th Street, Milwaukee, WI  53222
Last modified Capitol West Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.