Posted April 11, 2014
Great school, teachers are very caring towards the students and they try hard to get students to complete their homework that is given every day. Counselors are very hands on with the children my grandsons loves the school.

Capitol West Academy 3

Posted October 27, 2013
Capital West Academy is as great as they can be, with what they have. There is great communication between leadership, students, and parents. I just wish there were foreign languages taught.

Posted May 21, 2013
Capitol west academy school really care about the kids education.The teachers always make sure the kids are up on their homework.

Posted February 20, 2013
I am disappointed with the overall rating of a 3 for our school based solely on our WKCE test scores. What is not taken into account with this rating is students' academic growth. Last year, our students overall made two years growth! We'd love to share that data.

Posted February 20, 2013
Capitol West Academy provides students with the latest research-based curriculum innovations to help ensure success for all learners. Teachers teach to students' strengths and provide at-level instruction! Teachers also work with families to build a partnership between home and school. This is a great school!

Capitol West Academy 2

Posted July 21, 2010
The principal was very nice and approachable. The first year was very successful. Great teacher. The second year was not the same quality. My child would go days without homework in certain subjects and the teacher seemed a tad clueless. I am thinking about not returning my child because the standard of teachers is too questionable.

Posted June 25, 2010
I disagree with the previous review.my family LOVES the principal and we are very sad to see her go. The principal did such a great job of setting up policies and practices that the school ran smoothly in her absence. She had severe medical problems and was unable to come back. I will miss her! However, the great staff and leadership will continue to provide great education for the students. I love CWA! I disagree with the previous review.my family LOVES the principal and we are very sad to see her go. The principal did such a great job of setting up policies and practices that the school ran smoothly in her absence. She had severe medical problems and was unable to come back. I will miss her! However, the great staff and leadership will continue to provide great education for the students. I love CWA!

Capitol West Academy 2

Posted June 23, 2010
The office staff and teachers are changing almost every year. I have a hard time keeping up with who is going to be the teachers, office staff and even Principal. The last 2 years the staff & principal have been the best ever althought most of the teachers did change. The office staff changed as well and you never know if they will be nice or not. The Director on the other hand is rude and has not handle issues that came up the last part of the year as the Principal was out. You would think she would welcome parents and instead she is rude. I'm not sending my kids back fo this reason. The biggest issue is her in my opinion.

Capitol West Academy 3

Posted June 22, 2010
I have sent my children there for the last 3 yrs and to be very honest, the last 2 yrs were the best they had. My 1 child has special needs and I have had to get the principal involed in helping my child succeed. I disagree with the statement that the Principal is not that good. She does a wonderful job with the kids and is fair. The Director is a whole other story. I have decided not to send my kids back bcuz the Principal is not returning and the Director has shown me she really has no compassion for the kids. There are many parents who are considering moving their kids from CWA bcuz of the way the Director has handled things since the Principal has been out on MEDICAL LEAVE. This school was great the last 2 yrs & I'm sorry to see the Principal go!

Posted May 26, 2010
Office staff are very helpful, the teachers are great! However the principal is not the best as a matter of fact she has not been around for the last several months. It appears though that all of the staff have come together and worked very hard to get through this rough time of a non-existent principal. My hope is the principal does not return.

Capitol West Academy
3939 N 88th St, Milwaukee, WI  53222
Last modified Capitol West Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capitol West Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top