Hmong American Peace Academy - (HAPA) 1

Posted August 26, 2014
If I could give this school 0 stars, I would. It is a horrible place to work. Each year, our students see 10-15 teachers leave and we get 10-15 new teachers. I think only 2-3 teachers (of about 30) have been here since the school opened. Also, every worker is absolutely terrified of the leader. She rules with an iron fist. Do not question her or you WILL risk your job. Also, the school never takes parent ideas into account or consults parents on what the school should do. Several parents have complained to staff members about little to no communication between school administrators and parents, but nothing was done. When the idea of a PTO is brought up, the executive director quickly crushes that idea and anyone who suggested it. The school may get good test scores (teachers work hard, love their students, and students come from great families), but that is NO thanks to the people running the school. In fact, if these kids were in a different school, they d probably be doing even better right now. Also, there is absolutely no communication between the school governing board and the staff. Staff isn t even allowed to talk to them. If you send your kid here, beware.

Posted January 15, 2013
ok my son has been there since 6th grade I am impressed about the dedications from the teachers BUT the organizations of the school is terrible and yes I agree with the student who talked about the school always wanting to be #1 and push n push...they forget that they are kids and that they need to back off and let them grow to enjoy their school year NOT military training! the admin staff totally are unogranized and if they want to succeed they need to aquire business skills! but again they totally disagree with me on this trust me I have them pointers guess what it didnt get anywhere

Posted September 24, 2012
I am a student there. I`m a 7th grader and i been there ever since the school was open which was for 9 years. The school is a fun school.But this year is totally different. Everything just changed with the clothes. THERE ARE UNIFORMS! The uniforms made you sweat too much and it`s going to be hard trying to take them off and change into our gym clothes then changing again and put the clothes on. It might look like a good school but really it isn`t. If your like late for classes like for tardy you`re going to get in trouble just because your tardy. And the teachers makes learning so confusion and hard to understand. This school just want to be the number one out of all the school. I remember enjoying my kindergarten age there but now it`s no more fun. Trust me! i been there for 9 YEARS! This is not a good school for your children.Please listen to me cause i been there like almost my whole life.And when I`m going to be a 8th grader I`m moving to a better school where it`s fun and learning is great and easy to understand with out the uniforms on wearing the same thing over and over again

Posted November 04, 2010
The principal and staff are visionary leaders. Always pushing the students to excel. All students at this school are working on curriculums one level above their grade level. I don't ever have to worry if their education is being dummy down. What really sealed it for me was the fact that they teach these students how to resolve conflict in a peaceful matter. My children have not been picked or isolated by their peers and they have excelled emotionally and academically.

Hmong American Peace Academy - (HAPA) 0

Posted November 04, 2010
Not only do they provide great education, they also reflect upon cultures too.. Every year, student score higher than regular public school WKCE state test and over 98% Attendance.

Hmong American Peace Academy - (HAPA) 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Hmong American Peace Academy helps focus the children on success: academic, social, college, and career!

Posted September 24, 2009

Posted September 24, 2009

Posted January 19, 2009

Hmong American Peace Academy - (HAPA) 1

Posted May 29, 2008

Hmong American Peace Academy - (HAPA)
4601 N 84th St, Milwaukee, WI  53225
Last modified Hmong American Peace Academy - (HAPA) is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hmong American Peace Academy - (HAPA) Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.