Posted June 17, 2014
Atlas has potential, however, the potential is barely being achieved. There are very little resources and little to no support from administration. Teachers are not held accountable, neither are parents . Atlas accepts students that have I.E.P.'s and need Special Education, speech, or the like, but they don't have any type of special education programs. Students don't learn how to type, the technology is very limited. This school has an incredibly high turn-over rate for teachers....yet no one is asking why. In stead of working on a plan and working to perfect it, many things are being tried for a month-year with no accountability and they don't work. Teachers are being taken out of their rooms to copy from a text book in a program called Build Your Own Curriculum...which is a waste of time since it is all written in the text book already. That time would be better spent educating the students. This school lacks resources and an administration that truly holds everyone to high standards. What it does not lack, however, is the love the teachers have for the students and the heart they have to work in an urban environment.

Atlas Preparatory Academy 4

Posted March 23, 2014
March 23, 2014 I have had the pleasure of working as a literacy coach from Wisconsin Educational Innovations at Atlas Prep Russell Campus since the fall of 2012. school The student population is very diverse with a very large range of abilities. I have seen vast improvement in the overall school in the last two years. The staff, administrators, teachers and other staff have been very friendly, encouraging, and accepting to any ideas I presented that could help their student population. It has been a pleasure to work with them. I have notice students have become more polite and respectful in the halls and in the classrooms. The majority of the students are friendly and also willing to work on new ideas. The overall management has improved in the last two year. Students do know the expectations and generally follow them. I have also seen more positive reinforcement by teachers to the students and this has helped to create a more positive classroom setting. The teacher I have worked with are in the Social Studies Department and have been wonderful to work with. All are still working on ideas to even improve the situation more Sue Hausmann

Posted December 22, 2013
I sent my student here thinking this school would be the best choice not only for them, but for our family. On applying to college I realized my daughter was not prepared for college because she was not given access to certain classes she needs to go to college. By access I mean these were not even offered at this school. They will tell you they do, but learning is not taking place at these schools. I feel bad for the teachers who have to work here due to lack of jobs in this area....They are professional babysitters working for a person who does not care about children

Posted October 18, 2013
I'm A Student That Goes To Atlas, & This School Easy But It's Lame & Unprofessional. Dogs Can Teach Better Than Them. You Get In Trouble For The Littlest Thing. And They Would Expell You Right Away. It Has No Activities, No Field Trips, No Sport Events, Homecoming , Spirit Week. Nothing They Rather Waste Their Money On A Plasma Tv For The Office And Even The Heaters When It's Cold, They Don't Turn Them On, And When It's Hot We Got No Air Conditionin And We Suffer In Class. By Far The Worst School To Go To.

Atlas Preparatory Academy 5

Posted September 28, 2013
Atlas provides an exceptional k4-k5 program with the most caring and dedicated teachers who go way above what a teacher is expected to do. They have built a community where children feel safe, have fun, create long-lasting memories, and want to stay all the time! Their expectations are high but the way they focus on the positives and any minor achievements allows the students to rise to the high expectations! Teachers spend a lot of time creating fun things for the students to experience and excitement is felt as soon as you walk into the building!

Posted July 25, 2013
Avoid this school at all costs. Do not work here unless all administration has been let go. Admin offers no support to teaching staff and even hires staff with no real background for the classes they teach. Teachers are hired and fired at a whim. Student achievement is poor with nearly 25% of students receiving Title I assistance with a further 10% eligible, but choosing not receive assistance. Absenteeism can reach up to 40% on a given day and discipline is never followed through.

Posted May 13, 2013
I previously taught at Atlas Preparatory Academy and would strongly advise against sending your children there. Teacher turnover is incredibly high, with very few staff members staying longer than one year. The lack of resources is deplorable, there is no standard of accountability for teachers, and administrators do NOT support their staff when it comes to dealing with parents and families. With adequate leadership, investment in quality teachers, standards of any kind for performance, and an actual interest in promoting student learning, Atlas could have potential. However, that's a long list of requests (although none of them are unreasonable), and I don't see things changing there anytime soon. I loved my students, and there are some wonderful families who choose to send their children to Atlas, but I would highly recommend that they reconsider. It's a disaster.

Posted April 23, 2013
1 out 10 rating says it all. This school is unprofessional to say the least. Students get very few resources, and almost no extra help. Very, Very low test scores really reflect this school.

Posted February 17, 2013
Hi i'm a six grade student here. When my parents first brought me into this school I was so excited to go to this school. But later on it was awlful the food every day has been cooked over 40 min ago. Your timed when you go to the bathroom. And at the high schools there are no libraries.

Posted October 25, 2011
I was lloking for a good school for all three of my kids. Last year seemed to be ok but this year the teachers and rules chaged. This year is the worst experience and when I look up reading and math scores this school is very low. My lil cousin switched to another school and they said she was bellow grade level in everything but atlas said she was above grade level. I don't recomend this school for no child.

Contact Information

2911 S 32nd St
Milwaukee, WI 53215

School website

Atlas Preparatory Academy
2911 S 32nd St, Milwaukee, WI  53215
Last modified Atlas Preparatory Academy is a private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlas Preparatory Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.