PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 23, 2015
My family's experience at St. Lucas has been wonderful. My children have been attending there for a few years, they also went through their preschool program and loved it. My kids are flourishing with their education as well as their love for Christ. I really love the fact that it is a small school with a real sense of community . It is great when you know parents and students call you by your name, it really gives a sense of family. Overall I would recommend this school to anyone. I am excited to see what the future holds for my children as well as all the children that attend St. Lucas !

Posted August 05, 2015
My son has gone to St. Lucas since K3. He loves the school. The curriculum is very challanging and brings out the best in the kids.

Posted May 19, 2015
All three of my children go to St. Lucas. As summer approaches, I am excited to have the summer with my kids, but I am also a little sad because once again, my kids have had a great school year and I am sorry for it to be done! In the eight years that I have been involved with St. Lucas as a parent, I have been consistently impressed with the caring attitude of the teachers and staff. I feel so confident each morning that my kids are entering a building where they are personally known and cared for by faculty, staff, and their classmates. Beyond the caring atmosphere, there is so much going on! School is fun! The curriculum engages and challenges them. It manages to be cutting-edge and yet rooted in many elements of a classical education. My kids are happy to go each day; excited to see what the day will bring. St. Lucas has a worldview rooted in the accepting love of Christ and everyone works hard to extend that love to each child and family that walks through the doors.

Posted April 30, 2015
When my wife and I discussed education for our kids, we looked at our childhoods. As products of private and public school education, we feel that we are at home. Saint Lucas has been apart of our family for over 14 years and they do a wonderful job. The goal is to care for the whole life aspect of a child's education and that is what they do. Sometimes in todays world community gets lost or put into a odd category. This is not the case here. I know that my children are not always perfect, but what I want for them is to be taught the basics of reading, writing, and mathmatics. When a school can do that and enhance them as members of this society through Christian values, they are better for it.

Posted April 29, 2015
Our two daughters both attend St. Lucas. We are very pleased with the strenuous education our girls are receiving. We also love that the overall environment is caring and nurturing to our kids on a personal level. The love and expectations I have for my children is seamlessly carried over into their school day. It is nice to feel supported in raising good kids.

Posted April 20, 2015
We currently have four students attending the school. We are very impressed with the teacher's and principles involvement and commitment to every students success. This year we were very excited to learn about the STEAM program and the advantage our students will have for the future in education. Thank you St Lucas for always putting students first. My children are involved in a few of the many clubs and sports available because of the commitment of the teachers, principal and many caring volunteers. Thank you for making our school experience a great one!

St. Lucas Lutheran School 1

Posted April 02, 2015
There are a lot of problems at this school. There is no accountability of teachers. Our child was at the school left ; the teachers was extremely poor and unprepared. When we complained to the principal, he blamed us and refused to look at teacher who was constantly e- mailing her fiancee instead of teaching..Our child's academics went down. No transparency: I an MPS teacher whose class is constantly observed by parents, public. We asked 2 observe our child's teacher - Prinicpal very resistant but finally allowed. Were stunned how out of touch teacher was: monotone, no emotion towards students. We even mentioned this at P/T conference WITH teacher: no change. We removed child. WKCE scores scewed as only a handful take test. Our child in MPS & now skipped a grade! We found the staff 2B mean-spirited& unwelcoming; daycare head v. mean 2 us & child; one worker constantly questioned our child about personal matters of others; we complained&we were blamed. A totalitarian, gossipy , unprofessional atmosphere with v. young, inexperienced teachers & high turn-over. We have posted these comments numerous Xs only to have them removed by non- transparent folks @ the school. A poor school.

Posted March 28, 2015
My children have thrived as students at St. Lucas. The academics are rigorous and the school offers a number of extracurricular activities. The faith-based approach with a focus on the gospel keeps my children grounded in their faith as well.

Posted February 18, 2015
We have three children attending Saint Lucas. We just love this school. Our children are getting a great education. The teachers and staff are kind and caring. They go the extra mile to keep us informed. We highly recommend Saint Lucas.

Posted August 29, 2013
St. Lucas has a wonderful, caring faculty and staff. They truly care about not only the student but the whole family. The teachers teach not only the required academic lessons but also important life lessons. Students are challenged to do their best at their individual levels of learning. The school offers lots of extra-curriculars so there is something for everyone who wants to participate. The teachers are constantly researching and exploring new ways to engage their students. I'm extremely happy with this school and would recommend it to anyone.

St. Lucas Lutheran School
648 E Dover St, Milwaukee, WI  53207
Last modified St. Lucas Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Lucas Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top