Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=648+e+dover+st,milwaukee,wi+53207&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=shxpjf-6cft7av-juvezeymgtzc=

St. Lucas Lutheran School

GreatSchools rating:
Community rating:
Milwaukee WI

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

St. Lucas Lutheran School 4408165 5

Posted August 29, 2013
St. Lucas has a wonderful, caring faculty and staff. They truly care about not only the student but the whole family. The teachers teach not only the required academic lessons but also important life lessons. Students are challenged to do their best at their individual levels of learning. The school offers lots of extra-curriculars so there is something for everyone who wants to participate. The teachers are constantly researching and exploring new ways to engage their students. I'm extremely happy with this school and would recommend it to anyone.

St. Lucas Lutheran School 5044911 5

Posted February 13, 2013
We spent many hours considering where to send our child to school. We chose St. Lucas based on their Christian basis and the small class sizes. They currently cap their kindergarten classes at 12 students, which is unheard of in the Milwaukee area. First grade is capped at 24 and has a full-time aide. The aide is another licensed teacher, not simply someone to help monitor behavior. There are high expectations for students. I was very impressed by the amount of memorization and participation involved in their Christmas program, even by young students. The principal has a consistent, strong presence in the school. Every time I walk in the school I am greeted by multiple teachers and staff. One small thing that stood out to me right away was how no matter where I went, students were holding doors open for me. This spoke volumes to me - to have a school cultivate the type of environment where respect is the norm. We've been impressed by every aspect of St. Lucas and do not regret our choice at all. Our child is flourishing in every respect - academically, socially, and spiritually.

St. Lucas Lutheran School 5040868 5

Posted February 08, 2013
I am so happy St Lucas uses the "Superkids" reading program by Rowland Reading Foundation for primary grades, K - 2. My daughter absolutely adores the "Superkids"! The reading workbooks are colorful and the characters are engaging. I couldn't be more thrilled or thankful for the effort St Lucas makes to cultivate lifelong readers

St. Lucas Lutheran School 4398954 5

Posted February 07, 2013
We have three children that attend St. Lucas Lutheran School and we are very pleased with the educational level our children are performing at. St. Lucas has great academic programs that continue to challenge our children to the next level. Not only are our children learning a lot, they have teachers and staff that care about their well-being.

St. Lucas Lutheran School 4404467 5

Posted December 12, 2010
St Lucas has welcomed us with open arms. The teachers and staff truly care about the future of the family and children. We are very thankful to have such a great school.

St. Lucas Lutheran School 4399570 5

Posted December 06, 2010
As a school that received exemplary accrediatation from the WELSSA accrediting board, they are not resting on their laurels. They constantly strive to improve an already great school. My oldest son graduated last year, and on his High School placement test (the ACT EXPLORE) he received 100% in both Mathematics and Science, as well as placing above the average in all areas. My sons had excellent teachers (one is still there), and our Principal is a leader with vision. We have met many wonderful people through the school and church.

St. Lucas Lutheran School 4398963 5

Posted December 05, 2010
As a parent of three children who attend St. Lucas, I highly recommend St. Lucas. The teachers are genuine and truly care for their students and help them achieve. There are numerous opportunities for parental involvement at St. Lucas. I cannot always volunteer as much as I would like, but even the little bit of time I can volunteer I know is appreciated and helps me meet other parents.

St. Lucas Lutheran School 4398438 5

Posted December 04, 2010
Our family moved here two years ago and the transition to St.Lucas went very smoothly. The teachers are caring and helpful and encourage the students to succeed. The leadership is top-notch and the school family continues to keep a positive environment with new opportunities for fun and learning.

St. Lucas Lutheran School 4398446 4

Posted December 04, 2010
As a alumni of St. Lucas, I feel truly blessed to have been involved with the church and school for over 40 years. The school staff and teachers are very caring and supportive of both the parents and the students. Enrollment has declined since I went there, but in the past couple years it is increased every year, which in very encouraging. I strongly recommend this school to everyone!!

St. Lucas Lutheran School 4398452 5

Posted December 04, 2010
As a parent of a child who has attended St. Lucas for several years now, I would highly recommend this school to anyone. The family support group that here is like no other! Teachers and staff are number 1 in my book.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

St. Lucas Lutheran School
648 E Dover St, Milwaukee, WI  53207
St. Lucas Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.