St. Lucas Lutheran School 1

Posted April 02, 2015
There are a lot of problems at this school. There is no accountability of teachers. Our child was at the school left ; the teachers was extremely poor and unprepared. When we complained to the principal, he blamed us and refused to look at teacher who was constantly e- mailing her fiancee instead of teaching..Our child's academics went down. No transparency: I an MPS teacher whose class is constantly observed by parents, public. We asked 2 observe our child's teacher - Prinicpal very resistant but finally allowed. Were stunned how out of touch teacher was: monotone, no emotion towards students. We even mentioned this at P/T conference WITH teacher: no change. We removed child. WKCE scores scewed as only a handful take test. Our child in MPS & now skipped a grade! We found the staff 2B mean-spirited& unwelcoming; daycare head v. mean 2 us & child; one worker constantly questioned our child about personal matters of others; we complained&we were blamed. A totalitarian, gossipy , unprofessional atmosphere with v. young, inexperienced teachers & high turn-over. We have posted these comments numerous Xs only to have them removed by non- transparent folks @ the school. A poor school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 28, 2015
My children have thrived as students at St. Lucas. The academics are rigorous and the school offers a number of extracurricular activities. The faith-based approach with a focus on the gospel keeps my children grounded in their faith as well.

Posted February 18, 2015
We have three children attending Saint Lucas. We just love this school. Our children are getting a great education. The teachers and staff are kind and caring. They go the extra mile to keep us informed. We highly recommend Saint Lucas.

Posted August 29, 2013
St. Lucas has a wonderful, caring faculty and staff. They truly care about not only the student but the whole family. The teachers teach not only the required academic lessons but also important life lessons. Students are challenged to do their best at their individual levels of learning. The school offers lots of extra-curriculars so there is something for everyone who wants to participate. The teachers are constantly researching and exploring new ways to engage their students. I'm extremely happy with this school and would recommend it to anyone.

Posted February 13, 2013
We spent many hours considering where to send our child to school. We chose St. Lucas based on their Christian basis and the small class sizes. They currently cap their kindergarten classes at 12 students, which is unheard of in the Milwaukee area. First grade is capped at 24 and has a full-time aide. The aide is another licensed teacher, not simply someone to help monitor behavior. There are high expectations for students. I was very impressed by the amount of memorization and participation involved in their Christmas program, even by young students. The principal has a consistent, strong presence in the school. Every time I walk in the school I am greeted by multiple teachers and staff. One small thing that stood out to me right away was how no matter where I went, students were holding doors open for me. This spoke volumes to me - to have a school cultivate the type of environment where respect is the norm. We've been impressed by every aspect of St. Lucas and do not regret our choice at all. Our child is flourishing in every respect - academically, socially, and spiritually.

Posted February 08, 2013
I am so happy St Lucas uses the "Superkids" reading program by Rowland Reading Foundation for primary grades, K - 2. My daughter absolutely adores the "Superkids"! The reading workbooks are colorful and the characters are engaging. I couldn't be more thrilled or thankful for the effort St Lucas makes to cultivate lifelong readers

Posted December 12, 2010
St Lucas has welcomed us with open arms. The teachers and staff truly care about the future of the family and children. We are very thankful to have such a great school.

Posted December 06, 2010
As a school that received exemplary accrediatation from the WELSSA accrediting board, they are not resting on their laurels. They constantly strive to improve an already great school. My oldest son graduated last year, and on his High School placement test (the ACT EXPLORE) he received 100% in both Mathematics and Science, as well as placing above the average in all areas. My sons had excellent teachers (one is still there), and our Principal is a leader with vision. We have met many wonderful people through the school and church.

Posted December 05, 2010
As a parent of three children who attend St. Lucas, I highly recommend St. Lucas. The teachers are genuine and truly care for their students and help them achieve. There are numerous opportunities for parental involvement at St. Lucas. I cannot always volunteer as much as I would like, but even the little bit of time I can volunteer I know is appreciated and helps me meet other parents.

Posted December 04, 2010
Our family moved here two years ago and the transition to St.Lucas went very smoothly. The teachers are caring and helpful and encourage the students to succeed. The leadership is top-notch and the school family continues to keep a positive environment with new opportunities for fun and learning.

St. Lucas Lutheran School
648 E Dover St, Milwaukee, WI  53207
Last modified St. Lucas Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Lucas Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top