Bad
Good

Love this school so do my kids I have two already there trying to get my other two there

I am specifically referring to the k3 special education department- I have to say that the communication with parents and the care of the children is great here. My child has learned so much at Rogers Street Academy, and I have always found the office staff and administrators very helpful.

Behaviors are not controlled at all. Administration is a joke. As an educator you want to know that you are supported and that if you send a referral to the office with a student for cursing you out and refusing to work or hitting another student that more will be done than just sending them back up to class five minutes later. Administration is out of the school every week one to two days for volunteer meetings. I would never send my children here!! Teachers talk about high expectations but very few actually have them or the ability to reach them.

My daughter likes the school. I had a parent teacher conference the other day. The first two teachers were great to talk to and let me know exactly what's going on with her in their classes. The last teacer I spoke with was very distant. Basically just told me what her grades were and that was it. I had to ask him how her behavior was and even then was short answered. I wasn't very impressed. I thought that it being a parent/teacher conference that it would have been more productive.

Last modified Rogers Street Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.