Posted March 23, 2015
I'm both a parent of a student at Milwaukee Jewish Day School and a part-time teacher. I teach a woodworking class to 7th and 8th graders twice weekly, and was overwhelmed by the sense of independence that I witnessed in a recent class. The class is making a "sofa server" (what we used to call TV trays) and I had to change the plans a bit to fit their abilities. I showed them how to make the modifications on one student's components, but I messed up her pieces a bit in the process. Rather than lamenting that it was ruined and waiting for me to give them direction on what to do, two kids immediately set about on their own and figured out a perfect way to repair the parts so no one will ever know that they were messed up. Then, two other students started working on ways we could improve the process to ensure it didn't happen again. I just listened. We used one of their ideas and, sure enough, problem solved. This is symptomatic of what happens every day at MJDS: The kids are given a challenge, along with the empowerment to collaborate, and they solve problems. I had heard about the school moving in this direction, but this is the first time I had experienced it.

Posted February 23, 2015
I recently attended the school's talk about the future of education. It was really exciting. It sounds like MJDS is really putting students at the center of education with their new "student-owned learning" approach. I see the excitement in my kids. They are really engaged in the learning. Highly recommend!
4 people found this helpful

Milwaukee Jewish Day School 1

Posted February 09, 2015
This school is a fake. It's all about the show. When the cameras are off, you can see the true colors of this place and its people. They don't really care about your kids, they care about your money. No values. Just empty words. Such a disappointment.

Posted February 08, 2015
As a parent, I would like to thank all the teachers and staff at MJDS; to those who keep the lights on and the hallways clean, who feed them, greet them at the door, teach them in the classroom, in the hallways and any other venue it may be, you have made a difference in our children s lives. Thanks to you, our children grow up to be confident, loving, caring, contributing members of our society. It is you who impact their lives everyday when they walk through the star doors. It is you who gives them the skills to excel in whatever it is they choose to do in the future, whether it be art, science, social and all with a big dose of Tikun Olam. There is NO monetary value we can associate with all you do for parents and students. Know the world is a better place because of you. As a supporter of the public school system, I never thought I will send my kids to a private Jewish Day School, but MJDS is more than just a school, it is the sum of all that is good in you, in our community and in our world. I am eternally grateful to a friend who insisted I would visit the school. The investment has and will pay dividends, and the world will benefit by having children attend MJDS.

Milwaukee Jewish Day School 2

Posted December 20, 2014
Okay school. Kids are very nice. Positive side about classes: less class size, which means that the teachers give you more attention if you need help. Work can be frustrating. Great sense of community when you walk in. Teachers are very good in engaging with me and my fellow students. Overall good education and cirriculum

Posted March 17, 2014
Milwaukee Jewish Day school(mjds) is so much more than a school. I have children at the school and I have been very impressed. The teachers are excellent and do all they can to make them have the best learning experience. Besides the education being excellent they are teaching the children about the needs of the world around us and how to do our part in making the world a better place. In my mind there is no comparison when it comes MJDS.

Posted March 12, 2014
MJDS is a great school. Our daughter was loved and nurtured by her teachers in kindergarten and the lower school. And she was challenged academically in the middle school. She entered high school with the skills to excel (earning a 3.98 cumulative GPA). In addition, MJDS gave her the guidance to develop as a caring member of the community. The values taught at this school translated into a confident, kind and globally focused young woman. This was the best investment my husband and I ever made.

Milwaukee Jewish Day School 1

Posted February 05, 2014
We had a bad experience with MJDS. We would not recommend this school to anyone. Although the school has a "no bullying" policy my kid was being bullied constantly and nobody cared. The administration didn't do anything about it. They only want your money and they only count you if you pay full tuition.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 01, 2014
My children have thanked me repeatedly for sending them to MJDS, where curiosity and learning happen. They didn't realize how good a school it was until they started high school, and found out how much they had learned during their years at MJDS that their classmates still hadn't learned. It's a school that encourages kids to aim high, but readily provides extra help for kids who request it. There are kids here from different economic backgrounds. The school enforces a "no bullying" policy and encourages cooperation among people of all ages, has a "book buddies" program that pairs younger and older kids, and is a warm, engaging, evolving, positive environment for learning. I highly recommend it!

Posted January 29, 2014
I have four children currently enrolled at MJDS and I can say with confidence that it has been the best decision I have ever made. The academics are outstanding. Each and every staff member and teacher takes care of and nurtures my children which leads to self confidence and a level of compassion for others I have not seen at other schools. In addition, the parent community is warm and inclusive which really communicates the feeling of belonging and a sense of community.

Milwaukee Jewish Day School
6401 N Santa Monica Blvd, Milwaukee, WI  53217
Last modified Milwaukee Jewish Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Milwaukee Jewish Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top