PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We chose MJDS for our three children, who are now adults, and have never regretted this decision for a moment. Our sons and daughter thrived at this school because the teachers and administrators saw them as individuals - unique and talented in their own ways. They were challenged academically, allowed to think creatively and critically, and exceedingly well prepared for high school and beyond. All three students internalized the Jewish values they were taught and that were modeled daily by their teachers. Our children learned a lot in high school and college, but their true academic and moral foundation came from their years at MJDS. I love MJDS so much that I became a staff member 21 years ago. Having taught in other schools, I can verify the type of teachers who are hired - talented, flexible, creative, dedicated to their students and devoted to this school. They care for each other, the students and the families who support our efforts. I am proud to be a teacher here and proud of our family's decision to choose MJDS for our children 29 years ago.
May 15, 2015

Bad
Good

Milwaukee Jewish Day School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 26, 2016
Strong emphasis on ethics and integrity is interwoven in the curriculum from kindergarten. Examples set by staff and reinforced in readings and in activities and projects.

Posted April 26, 2016
Amazing school. My child was always looking forward to school. I was very impressed by the communications from the teacher. A combination of email and phone calls from the teachers let me know what was happening if something was going on, and also just to touch base a few times a year. Now in high school, I can compare my child's preparation with those from the wonderful public schools in the area. I impressed, with the specific knowledge, and more so with the learning skills and thought processes developed. The Milwaukee Jewish Day School was a great educational experience and a choice I would do over again in an instant.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted May 15, 2015

Posted May 14, 2015
Our daughter attended MJDS for ten years. In addition to an excellent secular education that set her up for great success in high school and college, MJDS nurtured her Jewish heart. She is a young woman who believes in her ability to make a difference in the world and is proud of her Jewish heritage. The teachers and staff were always ready to help her with a difficult subject and rejoiced in her successes. Our family looks back on our time at MJDS as the best investment we made for our daughter s future.

Posted May 14, 2015
As a parent of an MJDS grad, I can honestly say that her success personally and professionally can be credited in large part to her eight years there. She has a positive value system and confident personality. She was more than prepared for high school when she graduated. I would recommend MJDS to any family looking for a quality education in this ever-changing world.

Milwaukee Jewish Day School 1

Posted May 14, 2015
Worst school ever! I'm so glad my kids are no longer there. The public schools in our area offer so much more! Don't even think to send your kids to MJDS.

Posted May 13, 2015
Yesterday my son and his class were supposed to see a play. The field-trip was cancelled, though, because the play was deemed inappropriate for the kids. The whole thing was handled perfectly. The kids didn't feel sad at all, and knew why they couldn't go. My son even explained it to me. His teachers also made the day super fun! As a fellow educator and parent, I salute really appreciate it!

Milwaukee Jewish Day School 1

Posted May 13, 2015
Don't believe everything you read. My definition of this school is HYPOCRISY. Hypocrisy "is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs, feelings, standards, qualities, opinions, behaviors, virtues, motivations, or other characteristics that one does not actually hold". A Jewish school with no Jewish values. Very sad.

Posted May 13, 2015
My children have graduated with a solid Jewish identity and sense of self. MJDS provided a great education, leaving them well prepared for high school and beyond. MJDS not only gave them a rich education in STEM subjects, but taught them HOW to study and pull pertinent information, making secondary and tertiary education easier.

Posted May 07, 2015
I am very excited about the path MJDS is on. Our older children love MJDS and have thrived here. MJDS really cares about our children and teaches them lifelong values- not just academics.

Milwaukee Jewish Day School
6401 N Santa Monica Blvd, Milwaukee, WI  53217
Last modified Milwaukee Jewish Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8