Posted August 26, 2014
I love working at MCA. This is the best school environment I have ever been apart of. The teachers go above and beyond for their students. Most teachers stay after school everyday for at least an hour (sometimes upwards of 2-3 hours) just to help their students. There are still some organizational kinks to work out, which can cause frustration on parents/students ends, but we're also a charter school and we're working with fewer resources than the public schools. We work hard to keep class sizes small in comparison to the public schools and we create an enjoyable environment for students. YES, we have rules (which some students/parents don't always agree with), but they are for a purpose (getting scholars ready for the real-world and college). We're happy to explain any rule to families. The reality is, parents have a lot of choices in our city. If you want a school that won't hold your student to high expectations, we probably aren't the school for you. There are plenty of schools who couldn't care less about what their kids do in classrooms and kids run amuck. That's not us. We run an orderly school that values learning and sends our kids to and through college.

Milwaukee Collegiate Academy 2

Posted July 25, 2014
Well MCA is a school that takes some getting used to they treat us like we are all adults and in there words this is our job. And if we were late to our job we would be dealt with . You can honestly not go to the bathroom without getting yelled at or in trouble . As a student i wish that they would stop being so strict on there rules . Another thing is the teachers they act like they care but them treat you with no respect to deal with the disrespectful teachers you would have to be a nun. But there isnt all cons at MCA . When they say to and through college they mean its really fun there when your not getting yelled at and the owner rewards you for almost everything . Each of our seniors got laptops just for graduating and thats really different from my point of view . But otherwise if you want to send your child to mca make sure you want to make that choice .

Milwaukee Collegiate Academy 1

Posted July 24, 2014
I Agree With The Other Parent Who Gave One Star. They Show Very Little Respect For The Students And Parents, And Also Refuse To Work With The Parents To Make Changes To The School For The Better. They're Quick To Say Its Their Way Or The Highway And Always Offer Students To Leave Whenever They Voice Their Opinions. The Principal Is Often Times Rude And Blames The Students For Every Altercation. I'd Give This School A Half Of A Star If I Could; You Honestly Have To Have A Very Mature Child With Patience In Order To Deal With This School. They Put Up A Front To Be Great And Push Their Students To Be Robots In Front Of Guests. Their Needs To Be A Full Investigation To Remove The Disguise. I Would Suggest Every Parent Who Has A Child That Attends This School To Voice They're Opinion Now! -A Concerned Parent

Posted July 01, 2014
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy is an outstanding high school that prepares our young adults with realness in college experiences. These students excel beyond their own expectations because of sincere staff interventions and full support. When you have youth who love and enjoy their educational learning and endeavours, complete parental support should follow. I absolutely admire and delight in my daughters attending while succeeding in high school for college preparedness....simply amazing high school ...yep, MCA / CEO....

Posted April 08, 2014
MCA is a great place for learning and inspiring our children beyond their own mindsets and make them prove their success to themselves and the world by sending them to and through college! I love MCA!!!!

Milwaukee Collegiate Academy 1

Posted January 22, 2014
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy is a school that cares more about consequences than academics. I would not recommend this school to anyone. For all the discipline that is implemented, The students are not learning from their actions. If your child is late to school they will call you all day but if your child has low grades the teachers do not notify you until grades go out. Some of the staff make culturally directed comments that are offensive to the students to "fit in." Very inappropriate...If your child is outspoken, you have an attitude. All blacks do not have attitudes! If you are an involved parent they will target your child for behavioral issues instead of working as a team for academic reasons.They are concerned about the funding, outside appearances, and not the academics. Overall, this school is a joke!

Posted May 10, 2013
This Central City Milwaukee schools is intent on preparing high schoolers to go to and through college. They offer a safe, caring, nurturing environment and they still hold children accountable for grades, behavior and good moral character. Our son started school here as a sophomore and has totally blossomed in this environment. In other public schools, I don't believe anyone pushed him to do better, they even thought he couldn't do high school work. Now, he is going to college! I would recommend this school to any parent that is serious about learning and personal development for their child.

Posted December 27, 2012
AWESOME! This school's staff is well equipped with the wisdom and integrity it takes to send our students to and through college. I love the curriculum, the teachig styles and instruction from all staff. I am assured that my daughters will soar with success in life due in part to this staff's educational fostering and my family values. Keep up the awesome work that you do. Love-In-Christ, Mrs. Leah Noid-Harrington!!!!!! Looking forward to 6 great years with you for my daughters, but a lifetime for livlihoodwith humble success!

Posted August 07, 2009

Posted June 01, 2009
i rate ceo leadership with a terrific job of educating our students which are becoming perfect scholars love you guys.... Neosha Collins

Milwaukee Collegiate Academy
4030 N 29th St, Milwaukee, WI  53206
Last modified Milwaukee Collegiate Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukee Collegiate Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.