Bad
Good

Posted November 21, 2013
My children are excelling at this school. They are happy and very involved. Very happy with my choice.

Posted August 01, 2013
I love this school, the teachers are grat and they really do work with my son as well. Thanks to Ms. johnnies, Mrs. jeans and Ms. spriggs. love you guys see you sooooon. :)

Posted June 29, 2013
Milwaukee Math and Science Academy is located at 110 West Burleigh. I think that this is an amazing start to the third year here. Unfortunately some people will be pleased with the structure and the high standards while others may not be ready for such commitment. I wish that those who rate MMSA with anything less than excellent would take time to realize that as a new school, there are many challenges that students and educators will face. MMSA offers a high degree comparable to the blue ribbon schools in other states of curriculum, character expectations and as a college prep school, students must adhere to the expectations required to excel and compete in the global spectrum with their peers. MMSA offers a rigorous program with focus on Mathematics, Science and Technology. Every child benefits from TWO Computer Labs, A smart board in EVERY classroom K4-7, A Fully Functioning Science Lab, Ipads, Nutritious Catered Meals, A full phy ed. curriculum and a large capacity gymnasium where all students take part in physical education. MMSA also offers foreign language, after school clubs and a host of other activities...2013 kicks off an amazing start at MMSA in it's 3rd year.

Milwaukee Math and Science Academy 1

Posted June 28, 2013
I am only giving this school 1 star because I HAVE TO! I cannot speculate as to why there are ANY positive reviews here, but I do have my suspicions as to their authenticity. I believe Admin in the school either wrote the reviews themselves or had someone else do it because there is NO WAY in heck this school should rate above a ZERO!! Do yourself and your family a favor and don't let your children go there unless of course your standards are as low as theirs! The only good thing out of that school are the few teachers I personally dealt with.

Milwaukee Math and Science Academy 1

Posted June 28, 2013
The Dean of Students punishes the whole school by making them sit next to the gym wall for "recess" time when a few of the students were the misbehaved ones, there is no outdoor recess time. It's always in the gym and not everyday. Hmmm...think there is any correlation to the unruliness in the kids not getting fresh air and able to run around?? It took weeks to get more then one uniform shirt from them forcing to wash my kids shirt every day (even after multiple requests). The communication to parents is next to none. I have many more examples of our terrible experience there. I'd leave my phone number if I could so you could ask me directly. If it has 5 stars, why are only 4 teachers coming back out of 20??

Posted February 28, 2012
I am a proud teacher at Milwaukee Math & Science Academy. I LOVE working with the dedicated administration and teachers in the school. Our goal is very simple: to give every student in the building the BEST education possible and to be a lifelong learner. I view it as a privilege to work with the next generation and I love to see the learning and growth that takes place daily in my classroom!

Posted February 24, 2012
MMSA is a wonderful school! When I first walked through the front door, I asked "are you sure this is a FIRST ear school"? Milwaukee Math and Science not only offers a quality education, but caring teachers. They are willing to go the extra mile to make sure that the quailty of the education the students recieve on a daily basis is out of this world

Posted February 18, 2012
i think mmsa is great school for anyone .child to attend.i like that my son always come home and tell me something new he learned and he has an amazing teacher

Posted February 18, 2012
The quality of education here is just unbelievable. It takes a child who has very poor reading and math skills to another level, and it just keeps getting better and better. From a child that didn't care about reading, math, and history to a child that can hardly wait to read to me, to do math without having to beg her to do it, to learning about our country and the presidents that served. I have never seen an atmosphere that can encourage a child to learn all these things with such enthusiasum. My hat goes off to his school.

Posted December 22, 2011
It is a great school. There is a smart board in every clasroom. Teachers and administrators care about kids. MMSA is a life saver for Harambee community. I suggest parents to send their students to MMSA. My child has noticed great changes in the past couple months and is very happy there. The small class sizes are great for kids.

Milwaukee Math and Science Academy
110 West Burleigh Street, Milwaukee, WI  53212
Last modified Milwaukee Math and Science Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukee Math and Science Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top