Posted August 29, 2014
We as parents have the right to send our children to school hoping they will get a decent education. But I have found out at this school my child is not getting that. My child has been here for two years going on three and every year I see the same kids moving alone in grade with her. How can this be when half the time most of them are in the hall or in some other class because of their behavior. What is the percpercentage rate of students passing or failing in the last two years! RED FLAG... There are teachers in this school with no licenses along with the principle that started off as the special ed teacher! RED FLAG.... The principle is VERY unprofessional, and unqualified to lead this school to a better place. The staff is not motivated at all they don't even smile this place cannot be a happy place to be as a child. I agree with the last posting DPI needs to make a visit.

Posted May 21, 2014
As principal of this school, this is my first post. Working at our school is a challenging privilege. Teachers who remain are solutions oriented and high achieving. With hard work comes a great deal of responsibility. One of which is to always do what is best for our scholars. Building an achieving, engaging school has required strong child centered staff and some difficult changes. As always the focus remains that the children and their success come first. This requires teachers who are strong, committed and mission driven. We are here for the children and their families. I welcome parents to visit us and see for themselves that this school is for the children.

Posted May 20, 2014
When I think of lighhouse Academy I think of ''Teamwork". We work as a team here. I am personally proud to be apart of this vibrant energetic team. I am greatful to help structure our future. I personally have experience nothing less than Professionalism from Maurice C. He is a strong vessel in our school body. My previous experiences with principal has been by appointment only. My principal Rachael W. is very approachable and extremely respecful. It takes a village to raise a child.

Posted May 20, 2014
I am a current Teacher here at lighthouse Academey School in Milwaukee WI,. Here at lighthouse my experience has been great! All staff work as a team to achieve 1 common goal . Our focus and strategies are used daily. Teache'rs spend long hours planning and preparing for our future generation. I would like to give special Thanks to our Coordinator of Family an Community Partnership/Director of CLC afterschool Program Mr Maurice Copening. I respect his approach to learning and redirecting.It's not often your bless with a principal with a smile and a solution Thanks Mrs Wagner!...''Africian Proverb It takes a village to raise 1 child , here a lighthouse we have 258 reason why we strive for excellence!

Posted May 20, 2014
There are a lot of caring teachers at NPLCS but unfortunately unless the principal likes you you will be treated poorly. Parents are welcome to discipline their student on campus physically or verbally and the principal welcomes it. If teachers express concern we are reminded not to air dirty laundry. Our special education teacher was fired without warning and she made sure laws were followed but was ridiculed for it by the principal. Children are restrained by unqualified people and parents are not notified. Students are suspended but administration does not document or record suspensions so our grade report is not negative. Everything you read here is what happens. The positive comments could only be written by the principal with the exception of the first grade teachers comment, but I think her opinion is changing quickly.

Posted May 19, 2014
I was bothered by comments previously posted and I rushed and posted a comment. I wasn't able to reread or correct my mistakes in the comment posted . I have corrected my mistakes and I am reposting my comment. I am currently a Teacher at North Point Lighthouse and it's one of the best experiences I've had. The leadership at the school is the best I've ever encountered, our Principle really cares about our children and our staff. She puts her all into our school and I truly appreciate what she is doing. Our Principle has a vision for all of our children to succeed. Our Parent Coordinator is another great asset in our school he does everything he can to support our children and their families. He goes over and beyond at North Point if he is needed in a classroom he is there. I love his compassion for what he does. The two of them together make a great leadership team and I'm proud to be apart of their team. Remember sometimes in an organization everyone is not going to be happy so they may make comments that are very untrue in the end it only hurts our children.

Posted May 19, 2014
Our school has received some mixed reviews thus far. Although I do believe it is a work in progress, there are some amazing things taking place in this building. Teachers arrive early and stay late to ensure students are receiving quality instruction. The administration works with parents and families to provide personal connections to their scholar's education. Teachers personally fund extra classroom supplies, playground equipment, and incentive materials to provide students with well-rounded experiences. Teachers plan field trips, cross-grade activities, and authentic learning experiences to prepare for life after North Point. Our principal sets an example of respect and love for students that I find personally contagious. Any doubts? Come visit my classroom. Sit in on a phonics lesson. Observe our plant growth. Read with a small group. Help us with an art project. Run with us at gym. Sing a round of "8 Hugs a Day." Peer in on our class pet Tarantula. Play zombies with us at recess. Conference with us on our writing pieces. You're welcome any time.

Posted May 19, 2014
North Point Lighthouse has a exceptional learning environment for children. All teachers are qualified across the board. Our Principle's leadership is also exceptional. I watch our children come into the building every morning with smiles on their faces ready to learn. I've never seen so much dedication in leadership and staff. I have never seen our parent coordinator show physical or verbal aggression toward any student. He is very kind and soft spoken to all children. He goes out of his way to help our children and parents in any way possible.

Posted May 18, 2014
We have all heard the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" and the same should be said for North Point. While on the outside the building is attractive and the bright colored paint on the walls creates the image of an exciting learning environment for young children - what actually happens inside the walls of the school do not at all match the appearance. The majority of staff members inside spending their time "educating" the students are not certified teachers and the lack of credentials doesn't stop there - the principal has nothing more than a bachelor's degree. I am not sure of his title but the man who we are told to go to with all family and community related matters is extremely hostile towards parents and very violent towards students. The unprofessional manner in which teachers are treated by the administration is evident in the low moral and lack of dedication by teachers - but i find it hard to blame the teachers when they are treated so poorly by the principal. The lack of professionalism doesn't stop there, but the way that families are communicated with is appalling.

Posted March 22, 2014
I used to teach at NPLCS and cannot stress enough the importance of enrolling your child elsewhere. They are hiring people with no education/teaching background to take over classroom positions because so many teachers have resigned. More than one "teacher" used to work in the kitchen at the school, and another was hired directly from a retail outlet. Unfortunately, these are only two examples of many. The hiring of these completely unqualified individuals is reflective of the disorganization and chaos that characterize NPLCS. There is no vision, academic rigor is negligible, staff treat children horribly, and the mission of the Lighthouse Academies network is nowhere present in this building. Parents, please make a better decision and find anywhere else for your child's education.

North Point Lighthouse Charter School
4200 W Douglas Ave, Milwaukee, WI  53209
Last modified North Point Lighthouse Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5
North Point Lighthouse Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.