Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 03, 2015
We have been very pleased with the teachers we have had at Nuestro Mundo. They engage the children and care about the job they do.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 03, 2015
My children are in Kindergarten and 2nd grade. Not much homework, yet. But, I don't think there should be at this point. They are required to read to us nightly.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 03, 2015
I think that just being in a dual language immersion setting, the kids would have to be persistent to learn and succeed. It will help them to know that even if things start out difficult, after some work and practice they can become easier.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 03, 2015
The amount of compassion, caring and empathy people have is often innate, rather than learned. I believe that Nuestro Mundo works with the children to help foster these traits.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
I know that teachers at Nuestro Mundo have worked with the children regarding being a good friend, not being a bully, being honest and fair to each other.

Nuestro Mundo 5

Posted June 03, 2015
We have two children at Nuestro Mundo, Kindergarten and 2nd grade. We are very pleased with the educational experience they are receiving. We try to work with them at home, and can see the progress they have made in reading and writing in both English and Spanish. The music program is well run and exposes the kids to different types of music and singing. Principal Josh Forehand has worked hard to involve parents in the school and educational process. He has done a very good job of setting goals for the school and keeping families involved. The school has events like "Science Night" and a Halloween party that helps bring everyone together in a fun setting. Parents and kids are able to connect. I think that the school could do a better job with communication. Being notified of events sooner, and with more complete information. Many times a flyer announcing an event doesn't have the start time, or some other piece of information that would really help. This doesn't impact the education as much as makes it a little harder and more frustrating to plan. That said, I also believe this can and will be fixed. To wrap up, I think that Principal Josh has done a great job of creating goals for the school and a sense of community as well. I think that my children a receiving a quality education at Nuestro Mundo, and will be a step ahead of the pack with dual language skills.

Nuestro Mundo 4

Posted August 18, 2014
Nuestro Mundo has a so many wonderful changes happening that continue to make it a great school. The new principal is bringing great leadership and innovation. I am so happy to be a part of a charter school that continues to work toward improving how we educate our children. Principal Josh Forehand is a strong, engaged leader. That is what any school needs..Nuestro Mundo Community School is a great place for kids and parents!

Nuestro Mundo 5

Posted April 25, 2014
Our daughter is a Nuestro Mundo graduate (K-5). She just started middle school in San Jose, CA. and has made honor roll each grading period. On her last report card she received 5 As and 1 B. She has friends from diverse cultures and they converse in Spanish. Her perspective is global and she is very compassionate towards diversity and staunchly resists injustice. We contribute our daughter's academic successes and ghumane perspectives to her experiences at Nuestro Mundo.

Nuestro Mundo 1

Posted December 11, 2013
I had a horrible experience with this school. I should have removed my child from the school when they were in kindergarten or 1st so they could have had a better chance at a better education. The communication between staff to other staff is non-existent. There are much better schools in the Madison area and many now offer dual language opportunities - take my word and opt for that rather than this school!

Nuestro Mundo 1

Posted December 11, 2013
This school is not what I expected. The communication with the staff is non-existent. There are many great schools in the Madison area, a lot of which offer dual language as an option, take my advice and opt for that instead! I have had bad experiences with this school since the beginning but made the mistake of telling myself to "hang in there - things will improve." Unfortunately, I was wrong. I only wish I had pulled my child out when they were in kindergarten or 1st so they could have had a chance at a better school with higher educational progress and success. Do not make the same mistake I made.

902 Nichols Road, Monona, WI  53716
Last modified Nuestro Mundo is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.