Oshkosh, WI

Posted August 12, 2012
Excellent academics with teachers strongly supporting student success. Some of the highest test scores in this part of the state. Music programs are outstanding with a variety of band, choir and orchestra opportunities, both curricular and co-curricular. Many staff members advise numerous extra-curricular activites or coach athletics, suppoting education of the whole student.

West High School 2

Posted April 27, 2010

Posted March 10, 2009
My two children received an excellent education at Oshkosh West HS. The staff truly cares about students (and their learning), striving to meet the varied needs of each. Administration is very approachable, student opportunities (academic, athletic, extra curricular, etc.) are extensive and the environment is very safe. Oshkosh should be proud of this excellent school.

West High School 1

Posted July 09, 2008

West High School 1

Posted November 18, 2006
- a administrator

West High School 4

Posted May 30, 2006
My son was in this school for freshman year as we unexpectedly had to move out of state. The academics are very good here. They have a gifted counselor on site who reports to the district gifted coordinator. This was invaluable to us. They were very willing to work with us to make sure he had an education that fit his needs. The only suggestion I would make is to have a few classes available to just gifted so that they can experience learning at their level with their academic peers. Otherwise, I felt that the discipline was excellent and the respect for students and parents was very good. I felt like we were being treated like we were paying for a private school. The school my son now attends in Michigan isn't very good at all, but I think we had high expectations from West and the Oshkosh Public Schools.

Posted March 11, 2005
- a former student

West High School 4

Posted August 25, 2004
- a former student
I graduated from this school in 2001. Overall my high school experience was exceptional. Most teachers at West are very good educators and seem to sincerely care about their students. There are so many activities available for students to become involved in. I do have one thing bad to say about this school. My sister, who is two years younger, attended West for a few years. Her attendance and grades started slipping her sophomore year. When this was brought to the attention of her guidance counseler, not a whole lot was done. A few phone calls were made home to my parents, but the effort was minimal. She dropped out officially at 16.

Posted April 03, 2004
This is truly a great school. Excellent staff, hard-working students, and a great admin. Of all the schools I have been in, this is by far one of the best. It is a very safe school. I give it an A+.

West High School
375 N Eagle St, Oshkosh, WI  54902
Last modified West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top