Oshkosh, WI
Before care: Yes

Valley Christian School 1

Posted June 13, 2014
School is for the academic elite only. We sent all of our kids there with no issues but when we had one struggle with academics they let him fail and we had to leave. Very discouraging when you spend good money over years of education and they just say"goodbye" when it suits them. Be very wary of the Christian tag, much bullying and inappropriate behaviors abound. Bottom line, not Christ like but very high education standards.

Posted April 09, 2014
Our family has been blessed by VCS. I feel that because of its small size it is a family. It is limited in what it can offer students because of it's size as well. Over all, we love it.

Posted April 08, 2014
OCS (now VCS) is a small, family-oriented school with excellent academic rigor. However, due to its small size, there are extremely limited opportunities within art, music and elective classes for the middle and high school levels. I will say that their core curriculum is superior. The cost of tuition is quite high, however, those families in a poverty level status can apply for state aid (free tuition). Unfortunately, there is limited help for middle class level tuition assistance.

Posted April 08, 2014
Valley Christian School is amazing! When we recently asked our children what they liked most about VCS they said they loved the way that God is integrated into every subject. I love that they are getting a Christian worldview in their education.

Posted April 08, 2014
The best decision we ever made was to send our kids to VCS. Very happy with the academic standards and blown away by the quality of the elementary teachers. My children's teachers love them and speak biblical truth into their lives, complimenting what we teach them at home. When weighing the pros and cons of a big school vs. small school, I'll take the pros of small class sizes and family atmosphere every time.

Posted April 08, 2014
We love it at VCS!!!!! The teachers are wonderful and care about each individual child. They show concern and offer to pray for parents when there are personal struggles. The staff and students are like one big family. Tuition assistance is available and the school has done all they can to make vouchers available to low income families. Our family has sacrificed other luxuries to afford the tuition, but every sacrifice has been worth it!

Posted April 08, 2014
My grandchildren attend Oshkosh Christian School and we are delighted with the education and experiences they have had. We especially love that their Christmas program celebrated Christmas in a Christian manner without fear of insulting anyone!

Posted May 12, 2011
I'm an alumni of VCHS. It was a wonderful school, I made wonderful friends there. The teachers were more than teachers, they were friends who you could go to when you were troubled by whatever life brought your way. The only thing I regret is the closed curriculum, though we learned everything in Christianity, we didn't learn what is in the world to defend the faith; it was easier to laugh off what we didn't know, because it seemed better to know only Christianity. Otherwise, I recommend this school to parents and students, because you will find the love of God in the staff and classmates; many opportunities are waiting at this school!

Posted April 01, 2011
Our 2 children attend OCS/VCHS and are having a wonderful experience. The teachers provide excellent learning opportunities. The staff and administration are friendly and available. Our children will be graduating soon and I am very pleased with how they have been challenged academically and spiritually to succeed. As a parent I have had many opportunities to participate in the school and be involved.

Posted February 08, 2011
When we moved here from out of state, we were concerned about how our children would adapt to a new school. The atmosphere of OCS/VCHS was so welcoming! Our kids were quickly accepted by their classmates and loved by their teachers. The school has a wonderful Christ-centered emphasis on excellence and leadership. We are very happy!

Valley Christian School
3450 Vinland Rd, Oshkosh, WI  54901
Last modified Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Valley Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top