Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As with all school districts there will be some that love it and some that will hate everything about it. I believe it all depends on the student and their family and how they interact with the district. Sometimes the parents are worse than their children for spreading information. Sure, there are things I would change within the district and there are things I would not change. I for one, dispise school choice and everything that goes with it. You want out ... then move! Otherwise you should be thinking "what can I do to make it better for my child". And to those who diss on any school, all I have to say is that EVERYTHING starts with the HOME environment! Also as in every school district, there is politics involved which makes everything more complicated. My point is, the schools are what you and your family make of them. And to me, Palmyra-Eagle has been good, but I got involved early and have not regretted it.

I school choiced my child out of Eagle Elementary to a neighboring School District, when I started to question the education they were receiving at Eagle. Much to my surprise I learned that my child was over 2 years behind in reading and almost a year and half behind in math. Eagle claimed they were fine and at grade level. After learning this, I school choiced our other child out the next year. I would NEVER recommend this district. Palmrya/Eagle School District makes claims that they are doing great and children are thriving, but when my story is the norm of parents choicing out I question their numbers.

I am a student here, sophomore. Recently, we can't keep teachers, and the teachers we do keep have no idea what they're doing, with the exception of a few. The students are rude to others, not accepting (generally) and all think they are top of the social class because they're 'country' and drive big trucks. I guess it's worse for me since I've been here since first grade, but I don't recomend Palmyra-Eagle. We are statistically one of the lowest paying schools in Wisconsin, which is the cause of not so great teachers, who disrespect the students and get mad when they get disrespect back. It's all backwards, in my opinion.

When I went to school, my school was great, all of my teachers would help us if we had problems with our work. By the way they helped me was that they made me think about how to go about and find the answer that I needed for the question I was having trouble with. That's how I learned to get things done.

All of my children went to school there and we were very pleased with the activities and education that they received

I can't imagine sending my kids to any other school district than Palmyra Eagle School District. Teachers are great, they really care and have no problem talking to parents. And parents are always welcomed and encouraged to get involved at their child's school. The High School is the perfect size around 90 per graduating class. Your student not only will get to know all the staff but all the staff gets to know your child. Also your child will be able to participate in just about any activity they wish. At other schools you may be limited because of large numbers. Most importantly, academics are their priority. My son graduated and is now attending UW Eau Claire. Other students that graduated from there work doing everything from Farming to Scientist at NASA. I absolutely love this school district and am so proud and happy to say I sent my kids to one of the finest in the State

The staff at this school don't seem very educational oriented. More like a penal system. They do not respond well when parents try to work with them when there is an issue, but quick to establish a fine when rules are broken.Would be nice if they worked more on prevention of occurences rather than dealing after the fact. Very uncooperative.

I believe the ranking that has been given to PEHS is adequate in my experience. Class size and quality was rarely an issue, the majority of teachers were helpful and knew what they were talking about and how to get the information effectively to the students. The music, arts, and sports programs at times were under-funded but the teachers knew how to compensate for this. The school did rather well keeping parents involved and informing them of student activity. Of course, my mom may say otherwise. The only problem I had when I attended was the revolving door of principals, thankfully I believe this is behind them and only effected students graduating 2005-2007.

Last modified Palmyra-Eagle High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.