Pewaukee, WI

Posted February 11, 2015
I really can't say enough positive things about this school. My son came from another district around 7th grade and was really struggling. He had a desire to improve and learn, but it just seemed that teachers would become frustrated with him and give up. Despite our efforts to help, my son's improvement was minimal at best. Upon moving to Pewaukee, both of my kids were significantly behind most of their peers. Teachers for both kids really rallied together to bring them up to speed and offered after school help and peer tutoring. My son was placed in IED (special education) classes, but within a year and half excelled past it and opted out of the program. I'm proud to report he's never needed it again and carries a "B" average...even making the honor roll several times. The sports program is tops and I can't say enough... specifically in regards to football and wrestling. If your son has any interest in these sports, Pewaukee HS is the place to be!!! Mr Friske and Mr Kurth are the BEST! Just can't say enough good things about this school... GO PIRATES! :)

Pewaukee High School 3

Posted May 20, 2013
I had a very limited experience with the district in a professional setting, but my impression was rather negative. Seemed to me like a place with strict guidelines for teachers and not much thanks in return. From an "outsider's perspective" I'm glad to not live in the community when it comes to the district meeting the needs of all students.

Posted April 21, 2013
Pewaukee High School is a lot better than other schools in the area. It's a lot smaller than other schools so teachers are more familiar with their students and are always ready to help. Great school! I am proud of the education I received there!

Pewaukee High School 1

Posted May 01, 2012
The Pewaukee High School leaves a lot to be desired. I have kids that attend and I have to hire additional tutors to get them the education that the school is suppose to be providing. There are several teachers at the school who should be replaced along with the Principal. The school emphasis is the sports programs and everything else just does not matter. The school officials are quick to point out the rules until it is time for them to follow the rules then they make them up as they go. I would not recommend this school to anyone I know.

Pewaukee High School 4

Posted April 07, 2008
PHS seems to have strong academics, a very positive student attitude, and a safe environment. Its small size makes it personable, but limits options for class electives and extracurriculars. The block schedule causes excessive class conflicts for students in advanced coursework, reducing choices even further. The administration seems to emphasize sports over all other extracurricular activities, and with our athletic director serving as building coordinator, conflicts between these two groups are pretty universally decided in favor of the sports programs. While artistically talented students should plan to find venues outside of school, PHS is a great choice for those who excel in one or more of the team sports offered.

Posted December 10, 2007
The teaching staff @ PHS is outstanding and the size of the school ensures that no student falls 'through the cracks.' The block schedule is terrific and the climate of the building is second to none. Academic excellence and positive student citizenship are the cornerstones of PHS.

Posted June 28, 2006
Smaller school with less than 200 kids per class. Great involvement and great results! We've been very lucky to have our 3 kids in pewaukee schools.

Pewaukee High School 3

Posted April 30, 2006
This school is so-so. There's nothing special about the teachers.The academics are done fairly well... There is very little creative programs, which dissappoints me very much. If you want your child to have a straight-forward, bland education... This is the school.

Pewaukee High School 4

Posted February 10, 2006
The school used to invite parent participation through a monthly discussion group. This seemed to end when the current assistant principal was hired. I would not say there is a partnership with the parents which is a dissapointment as this is such a critical age and a time when this is needed the most.

Posted October 03, 2004
PHS is a great High School. The principal has done a fantastic job. This high school has changed a lot since he has been here and I highly suggest attending this school. There are many extracurricular activities and teachers are great also.

Pewaukee High School
510 Lake Street, Pewaukee, WI  53072
Last modified Pewaukee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pewaukee High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top