Pewaukee, WI
Before care: Yes

Posted April 13, 2014
Prairie Hill Waldorf provides a child first, developmentally appropriate approach to education. In this day and age of No Child Left Untested , it is a relief to know that Prairie Hill utilizes performance-based evaluations. Childhood is celebrated, appreciated, and preserved through reflective, caring educators. Our children thrive on the hands-on approach to learning, participation in class plays and school sports, memory-making field trips, art, music, etc. Best of all, as parents, you will feel part of a community who enjoy having just plain fun together. Prairie Hill-- where education is a way of life!

Posted April 10, 2014
As a young girl, my granddaughter was very high strung. She ate fast and couldn t sit still for long. Now due to her school and teacher she has developed into a much calmer person. Initially, she wasn't interested in reading but now is a true lover of books. She is a kind and considerate child and is a good team player. My granddaughter has grown into a loving and caring person due to her well-rounded instruction at Prairie Hill Waldorf School. Recently she had a major part in the class play and she was outstanding! I was so impressed at how she has grown and matured over the years. I give Prairie Hill an A+ for their part in her development!

Posted April 08, 2014
PHW has taught my child confidence and has given him a real sense of knowledge about his self. I appreciate the philosophy of teaching to the developmental age of the child and not pushing them into subject matter and concepts before he is ready. The teaching staff is very qualified to teach my child the skills he needs to move on to high school.

Posted April 08, 2014
My daughter is in Kindergarden and my son is in playgroup. My kids ask every night if they have school tomorrow and when they do they say, "Yaaaayyyyyyy!!!!" The teachers love the kids as their own. In an age of standardized tests, textbook drilling, and Ritalin, I am happy to say this school embraces each students individuality and makes learning an experience. I love this school and I feel safe that my kids are at this school. I recommend this school to anyone who wants their kids to have an extraordinary education.

Posted April 08, 2014
Before coming to Prairie Hill, I taught in both public and parochial schools. I was really unhappy with how children were "learning" and how I was treated. Now that I'm at Prairie Hill, I see what an amazing education it is for children. Waldorf education allows for the child to truly learn subjects. They don't just memorize facts to fill in bubbles on tests. They know the material inside and out at the end of their studies. They also get a childhood, which is now lost in many public schools. The children learn in multiple, fun ways. The comradery in the school is inspiring, too. I have never seen a faculty that works together so well and teachers are actually friends with parents. They work on many things together. It is an amazing school and I love working there.

Posted April 08, 2014
Prairie Hill Waldorf school is a wonderful community where children learn and grow in a nurturing environment. Each child's unique gifts are celebrated and honored. The children engage in experiential learning throughout the grade school years. The curriculum is tailored to their developmental needs and the children grow in a warm supportive environment. They learn foreign languages from an early age and master hands-on tasks such as woodworking and knitting before being exposed to mind numbing technology. They also act in a class play each year that helps them to develop their ability to express themselves in public. Learning to sing and play musical instruments also helps them develop all aspects of their personality. One of the best things about Prairie Hill Waldorf School is the absence of cliques, fashion competitions, cattiness, and bullying that is often seen in larger public schools. This helps the children develop a healthy self-esteem in the crucial early periods of their lives. The graduates of Prairie Hill are known for their compassion, artistry, creativity, and exuberance that the school nurtures in them.

Posted February 23, 2013
I loved going to PHWS!!!! I graduated from PHWS in 2007, going there for nine years, with only fourteen kids in my class, and it was the best decision my parents made for my education. People keep talking about how PHWS doesn't prepare their kids/themselves for high school subjects like science and math, but the way we work with those subjects just makes us even more ready. We work at things harder; we care more about school. Because of a teacher I had back then, I am now pursuing an English major at UW-Stevens Point. The teachers really do care about how the students learn, not only the academic subjects but also the social situations too. So many of the programs there help both academically and socially that it makes one a better-rounded person in the end, even if you just went for a year. Sure, it's expensive, but it's completely worth it. Everyone, teachers, administrators, parents, and kids alike, chips into the school in one way or another. I love coming back and seeing what I can do to help out, whether it is with the library, the website, or a subject a teacher is teaching. Absolutely great!!!

Posted January 22, 2013
Prairie Hill is a true alternative school that is one of the best kept secrets. It is not a public school wrapped up in a pretty package, but rather an experience that develops the whole person , their spirit, and their creativity. My kids are excelling in all areas from academics, to their social skills and emotional health. They are learning to be creative problem solvers and not just tech junkies. I can see why the Google executives send their kids to a Waldorf school.

Prairie Hill Waldorf School 3

Posted April 16, 2012
The school is not teaching the children to be compassionate to one another. Maybe they learn to have respect for the earth, nature and their schoolwork, but it seems to end when they enter recess. There are too many incidents of inappropriate language and behavior. The school seems to not take it seriously enough to implement rules to keep everyone emotionally and physically safe. The Waldorf curriculum is wonderful and impressive, but the school lacks the guidelines that holds the children responsible for their ill behavior. The most important thing we can teach our children is to be kind to themselves and others.

Posted June 06, 2010
The 2009-2010 school year at Prairie Hill has just concluded, and it was simply amazing to experience another year with such a strong, rich and diverse community of families and teachers. This school is a rare find, where student growth, education and development is CLEARLY the first and foremost goal of the school. A refocused leadership group has the school in good shape to weather the economic downturn that many private schools are experiencing.

Prairie Hill Waldorf School
N14w29143 Silvernail Rd, Pewaukee, WI  53072
Last modified Prairie Hill Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Prairie Hill Waldorf School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top