K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Administration allowed inappropriate contact by a coach to remain undisciplined. When pressured to respond, came after us instead.

The teachers are caring, but do not seem to be all on the same page. The principal does not show good leadership or make good decisions. She doesn't seem to do things in the best interest of the students or staff, and seems to have her own agenda for whatever reason. The school is very divided and not a community. I am glad my children are now out of there.

We are grateful for the experience that we are living at St. Anthony on the Lake. The school is our second home and the people are our second family. I have children in multiple grades throughout the school. My children were taught or are being taught by every teacher in the school. I have known the principal for 9 years. The entire staff has been responsive to any concern that I have expressed. I feel that my opinion has always been heard. My children are receiving an outstanding education in a faith-filled atmosphere. Our students achieve high test-scores and routinely place into advanced high school classes. At a time when many schools are transitioning to non-traditional methods of education, we appreciate that our children are offered a challenging curriculum and receive letter grades for their effort. We value the structure that is required everyday. I encourage anyone who is looking for a new school home to visit St. Anthony on the Lake to find out first hand what makes our school so great.

My children attend St. Anthony s and we are VERY pleased with the challenging academic curriculum. Because of the smaller school size, the teachers and staff really get to know your child and your family. Kindness, respectfulness and manners are expected in the classroom, in athletics and on the playground. We like the fact that the teachers and staff model the Catholic values that are important in our home. I have no doubt that they will succeed in high school and beyond because of the high standards that are not merely encouraged, but are expected at St. A s!

I have been thanking my lucky starts that I took my kids out of this school. I wouldn't say the academics were terrible, it was just that it's hard for a parent and/or child to survive with all the rules. There are rules for rules. If you have a boy, I would take a close look at the stats. The number of boys in kindergarten vs. the number of boys that last in the school until 8th grade. Currently, there is one- three boys in the enitre 8th grade class. Look at the gym, analyze quality of space and teachers ages (ist grade teacher). Good luck

We are a new family to the school this year. Academically, it is outstanding. My children are really enjoying the academic and social environment. Being a new family, it has been difficult to navagate and understand all that is needed of us. The principal and the assistant were great at answering questions when we were interviewing the school, but once the school year started, you are pretty much ignored. It takes a lot of persistence to get questions answered by administration. The principal is not good at returning phone calls and emails. Other than this, so far this seems to be a nice school.

Last modified St Anthony Grade School is a Private school that serves grades K-8