Posted December 15, 2014
This school is amazing I would never take my child to another school. She always feels like she fits in and gets the help she needs.

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 1

Posted January 17, 2013
This school has some major issues with discipline problems. The teachers are typically unaware of what is going on in their classrooms and hallways. The administration rarely takes corrective action with problem children and seems to have a head in the sand approach about what is going on. Students bring unapproved items to school like knives, cigarettes, or worse and flaunt them in front of other students with little regard for consequences. I am looking into moving my child to a neighboring school district as I do not see an interest by the school's leadership to make improvements.

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 3

Posted February 20, 2012
I find it HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS that all the positive reviews were entered on the SAME DAY. TJ is decent, but not the best in the county or state as claimed by one "parent".

Posted May 30, 2009

Posted August 21, 2008
I think that this school is amazing. It's the longest I've ever stayed in the same district and the teachers are very helpful. Although some are strict, they're just doing their jobs. It has a lot of difficult students to put up with. I hav no idea how they do it! Cassi Pentony

Posted May 24, 2007
As a family we looked at different schools within Ozaukee County and choose to use the 'School Choice Program'. We selected Thomas Jefferson Middle School for our son to attend. We chose this due to the school's wonderful academic and extra curricular activities. TJMS offered many more programs that would challenge him then his home school. He has been there 3 years and has had a very positive experience. His teachers went above and beyond to help him get acclimated and be a successful learner. There has been more than enough extra curricular activities for him to join, more than he could ever fit into his school day. All in all we would recommend Thomas Jefferson Middle school to anyone looking for a good quality school.

Posted May 23, 2007
- a staff
The administration constantly strives to insure that academic programs excell and continually look for ways to help struggling students. The variety of extracurricular activities and related arts programs is outstanding. We have a large and active parent group with monthly meetings and quarterly Family Night Forums - a family meal, parent group meeting and a speaker on a topic of interest to parents, homework help and recreational activities for the kids. There is no charge to attend. Thomas Jefferson Middle School was awarded the National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award several years ago. And, as good as the school was then, it has only gotten better since that time!

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 4

Posted May 21, 2007

Thomas Jefferson Middle School 4

Posted May 21, 2007
Recently, I chaperoned a 5th grade field trip and was very pleased to hear several comments of praise for the behavior of the students by the historical society tour guides. Also, as a parent of a child in the TAG program, I am very satisfied with the assessments and procedures for my child's academic success. The administration is very open to communicate with parents. I especially enjoy the daily email announcements.

Posted May 17, 2007
TJMS is a great school with a lot to offer every student. There are several clubs to join to student senate to a lot of sport teams. If your child cannot find an extra curricular activity to join that suites them, they are not looking. Our experience with the staff has been exceptional. Both of our children have prospered both academically and socially. Our family has been more than satisfied with TJMS.

Thomas Jefferson Middle School
1403 N Holden St, Port Washington, WI  53074
Last modified Thomas Jefferson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top