K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

I am an alumna of St Rita's and have chosen to send my young children there, as well. There are a few things I LOVED about the school as a child that are still important to me now. The first is preparedness for higher education. After successfully completing high school (Horlick), I attended UWM and graduated with a BA in English. I credit St Rita's with fostering my love of reading and writing, which has helped me to gain the skills necessary in many different job markets. Another thing I really appreciated as a student was that I got to be in a class with +/- 20 other awesome kids who continued on with me from year to year. Our graduating class was its own little family. I am still in contact with many of my friends from St Rita's! We were all invested in seeing each other succeed and helping in any way we could. There were a LOT of tears at graduation knowing that we would never all be together again. Had I known then that we would still be in touch almost 20 years later, I would have felt great. Knowing that my daughter (and later, my son) will have this same experience is overwhelmingly reassuring to me. Finally, St Rita's is a Catholic Parish invested in providing a Catholic education. It makes me happy to know my child is learning about our faith, attending mass at school weekly, and growing in God. I truly believe that the values instilled at St Rita's are a big reason why all the children get along so well. This is a true community, a family. I think St Rita's has some of the BEST kids in Racine attending school and mass. Since we have enrolled our kids here, I've always been impressed with how the older kids treat the younger ones. Everyone is kind, considerate, and invested in the best future for their peers. This school is everything we could have hoped for. It aligns with our core beliefs. It's providing a solid educational and spiritual foundation that our children will build on for the rest of their lives. We are so proud to be part of the St Rita's family!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is one of the biggest reasons we send our children to St Rita's, in a city that all too often seems to struggle with these values.

St. Rita's has offered my son a well-rounded circulum with a Christian foundation. The staff and St Rita's family are welcoming and caring to each of their students and familieS. They are truly invested in the childrens education!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The fact that St. Rita's has religion classes and the school goes to church once a week, definitely is a plus for me and my children. Since my son is at school more than at home now, I know he is receiving the values I want him to learn and live by because of their Catholic background. My son has come home many times and tells me about church and what they talked about at church. He tells me what he learned about in religion class and Jesus. He has talked to me about what compassion means and respect. My son is 5! I LOVE when I can have conversations like that with my son! That's when I know it is worth my investment in St. Rita's!

I LOVE St. Rita's! I have sent my 5 year old there since 3K and I am doing the same with my 2 year old. I intend to keep them both there through 8th grade. I love that I have the opportunity to know every parent of my son's class! I would never be able to do that in a public school because the class sizes are so big. The teachers are great! The parent involvement is amazing! I think that it is so important for the children to see their parents involved in their education and you have so many opportunities for that at St. Rita's. They have religion classes, which is important to me, and the school goes to church once a week. The curriculum is challenging, there is a no tolerance for bullying policy, and teachers are great at giving one on one help if the student needs it. The teachers are also just an email away if parents have any questions or concerns. I also feel that my son is safe at school, which is important to me, because he is now at school more than at home. But, I trust the staff, teachers, and since I know parents and his little buddies, I feel confident that he is safe at St. Rita's. I could not have chosen a better school for my children!

The choice to send my son to St. Rita's was the best decision we could have made for him and our family. The principal, teachers, and other parents have welcomed us with open arms, and my son has excelled so much academically in such a short period of time. There are a number of after-school activities to choose from, very affordable and reliable daycare before and after school, multiple recess periods, and gym, music and art classes multiple times a week. The new principal has made it his priority to get to know each of the students AND their parents - even though we've only been with the school since the fall, I am greeted by name by not only the principal and my son's elementary teachers, but also by a number of other teachers! Things like that make it so much easier for me to drop off my son and head to work for the day, trusting that he is not just a face in the crowd. St. Rita's really is a family.

Each year just gets better; I have elementary aged kids and am so glad that I made the decision to send my kids to St. Rita's. Yes there can be a lot of homework, but an after-school homework club is offered, where students can get help from teachers and older students. The new principal is implementing news way to enrich our children, specialist for RUSD are coming into our school to help children with issues like speech and learning disabilities, 1:1 use of Chromebooks for our middle and many more exciting things. The staff, teachers and parish community are committed to preparing our kids for the successful future.

Amount of homework: Agree

Middle school is rigorous. There will be math homework. But again our level of academic excellance is superior. There is an opportunity to have learning matched to ability- i.e 7th graders going to 6th grade math class and so on. This is ok. Our kids understand the rigor and support one another.

St. Rita's is a safe place but more than that it offers a superior education to other options, including other catholic schools locally. Further, our faith connects us. We are fortunate to have committed teachers staff and families building faith filled, loving, caring, smart and respectful future leaders. Class sizes are modest allowing for 1:1. Sports and Clubs are well ran. St. Rita is a GREAT School & Community!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

It is not tolerated! Our kids are held accountable. Communication needs to be key in any of these situations. We are a small community and feelings do get hurt especially by kids. Parents are encouraged to become involved. We are a community of love and support.

Last modified St. Rita Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8