PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

This school is awesome,the staff is great. The staff seem to work as a team, and focus on students individual goals and outcomes.

We love this school! The new teachers, programs and support systems are great! New music teachers are exceptional and the program is growing.

I am almost 40 years old now and I went to The Prairie School from 4th grade until graduating high school. I look at myself as a successful entrepreneur and also my fellow classmates who now range from being an architect, artist, doctor, project manager, film producer, successful parents... well rounded individuals who are easy-going with the same fortune I had -- being able to attend an exceptional school. I can't comprehend the negative reviews. What I cherish most about the school are how the teachers care so much about each person and making sure that they are given respect despite being the student. Most of the teachers I had 20 years ago are still there. If you get a chance to go to Prairie, then consider yourself in the 'lucky' category. You'll be well on your way for a fulfilling future.

Develops character: Strongly agree

No locks on any of the lockers in the whole school - that speaks volumes!

Our daughter is a recent grad from Prairie School, having attended since elementary school. She was accepted to 5 college/universities across the country and now attends OC in Los Angeles. The amount of scholarship money she and her classmates were offered for college was unbelievable! In fact, the college scholarship she received was more than we had to pay for high school!

I have been a parent here for 5 years and we love it. The program is strong and it is more than meeting the needs of our two very different children. Our gifted son is challenged and loves the arts program and our daughter who has few learning challenges is fully supported and is have a great year thriving in the athletic program. A few too many new students in the high school who can't keep up in class, but other than that, AWESOME!

Parent of a student who attended for 8 years. The good: - Its a lot better than RUSD - only choice in the area that is not parochial - great physical facilities - a lot of people in supportng roles - library, counselors, etc The not so good: - they do not plan schedues well, and provide poor schedule counseling. Dont count on classes your child planned to take being there Junior or senior year, and those that are are over subscribed (11 seniors on waiting list for introduction to psych???) - lack of flexibilty...expect zero customization to meet a students individual needs - for this level school and the cost, they dont have a very impressive college admissions list. - its quite pricey and expect a lot of additional costs added - its on the way down...enrollment declining.

Fantastic program, great teachers - so many options for my kids. The new head guy seems to 'get it', which could be good long-term. Beautiful new soccer field...there's nothing better around!

I love this school. Coming here in 9th grade was the best decision I have ever made. The teachers care about us and treat us with respect. The work load is steady but no busy work. I wish there was a swim team, but other than that, AWESOME School!

I don't know what the last comment is talking about. Prairie is a student centered school that focuses on the big picture and long term growth. If you want your child to be an unmotivated test taking drone don't send them to Prairie. The whole program is designed for gifted and talented students with the Compass Program providing support. The results at Prairie are excellent with 100% college placement and the alumni graduate from college on time, with honors and jobs! The only test that matters is the ACT and the average score is 26.5. The school is ranked #2 in the state by niche.com. We love the school's emphasis on the whole child building their character, creativity, communication and problem solving skills. We feel fortunate to have our kids at the school. The teachers do not have tenure and treat us and our kids with respect. The teachers are true partners. We don't know anyone who is tutored and the ipod is a great tool for organization and creativity. Our friends whose kids have graduated are all thriving in college.

Last modified The Prairie School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12