Posted March 20, 2015
Fantastic program, great teachers - so many options for my kids. The new head guy seems to 'get it', which could be good long-term. Beautiful new soccer field...there's nothing better around!
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 06, 2015
I love this school. Coming here in 9th grade was the best decision I have ever made. The teachers care about us and treat us with respect. The work load is steady but no busy work. I wish there was a swim team, but other than that, AWESOME School!
6 people found this helpful

Posted January 06, 2015
I don't know what the last comment is talking about. Prairie is a student centered school that focuses on the big picture and long term growth. If you want your child to be an unmotivated test taking drone don't send them to Prairie. The whole program is designed for gifted and talented students with the Compass Program providing support. The results at Prairie are excellent with 100% college placement and the alumni graduate from college on time, with honors and jobs! The only test that matters is the ACT and the average score is 26.5. The school is ranked #2 in the state by niche.com. We love the school's emphasis on the whole child building their character, creativity, communication and problem solving skills. We feel fortunate to have our kids at the school. The teachers do not have tenure and treat us and our kids with respect. The teachers are true partners. We don't know anyone who is tutored and the ipod is a great tool for organization and creativity. Our friends whose kids have graduated are all thriving in college.

The Prairie School 1

Posted November 30, 2014
Don t waste your money on the education that is not worse it. I agree kids love it . Reason it is not about rigorous education. No real testing, no spelling bees, no foreign language until 6th Grade, no actual grades till 7th Grade, no gifted and talented program.School will tell you, that their math program is one year ahead. Yes, starting 5th Grade they are trying to teach 6-7th Grade Math. However, most of the children are not ready. Majority of parents are supplementing with additional tutoring. Starting 5th Grade, parents have to rent an I-pad. As a result, 10 year old kids taking videos, pics at school, posting them on social media. Parents are left with the task of controlling their children s internet usage instead of education. There is no PTO! Parent involvement allowed only for fundraising and volunteering.A good indicator of quality education is the list of Universities, graduates attend. It is not impressive.The School is losing attendance and this year new administration started to advertise more. It is also visible at www.greatschools.org, where an increased amount of reviews were posted in recent year only.

Posted October 16, 2014
Having been on staff at Prairie for five years, I am kicking myself for not exposing my four grown children to a Prairie School education. The dedication of the teachers is immeasurable - always challenging and encouraging students to go a step beyond... The opportunities to learn go well beyond a 'desk' education - the glassblowing lab, theater productions, rocket science experiments, musical performances, athletic programs - all combine to give students a blueprint for their future learning. I am fortunate to be a part of this wonderful school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 15, 2014
Prairie School develops kids to be successful academically, but also prepares them for future in college and workplace by encouraging active participation, opportunities for leadership, fitness/sports/healthy lifestyle, and community service. Yes - there are a lot of wealthy families at Prairie, but these are families that are community leaders in volunteering, donation, and supporting organizations outside the school. The majority of families have hardworking parents who make trade-offs to afford Prairie. Being a full-time working mom, there was great peace of mind knowing our kids were in a safe, nurturing environment, with teachers very tuned into to our family. Communication between administration, teachers, and parents is great. No child gets lost in the shuffle, and individual talents and strengths are encouraged. The main reason we choose to stay living in Racine is because of Prairie School, we truly believe there is not a better educational offering or investment we could make in our kids.

Posted August 15, 2014
We are current Prairie parents. What Prairie has provided for our children cannot be measured. They are leaders, they work hard, they are compassionate, they feel accountable, they are goal-setters. They are good kids with friends from many backgrounds and cultures. They understand that they are very fortunate to attend Prairie. We are not wealthy, and receive financial aid, just like 40% of other families at Prairie. Our older children entered college far better prepared than their peers. We thank Prairie for giving our kids an awesome start in life!

Posted August 13, 2014
The best education in SE Wisconsin. I am an alumni who was able to get into the school of my choice. I am a parent of three who attend the school. The small class sizes are great for teachers to really teach each child individually and inspire them in many ways. A well rounded education with high aspirations of academic, athletic and personal development are keys to Prairie's success. Prairie is a must for parents looking for the best opportunity for success of their children.

Posted August 12, 2014
Great school with a solid balance of academics and extra activities. Smaller class sizes give good attention from teachers. Get to know the administration, especially the college counseling office. Extra help may be needed periodically and this is useful. Sports program is very strong though track and volleyball are weak. Tennis, Basketball and especially soccer are state renowned. New Headmaster should bring continued innovative ideas but still early.

Posted August 12, 2014
The best school I found in the area that will provide my children with an advantage when they enter college. I'd sacrifice a few luxurys to provide this for my family. Prairie's college placement program offers guidance and expertise not found in other schools. Being part of Prairie has been a totally rewarding experience for our entire family.

The Prairie School