Public charter
Racine, WI

Posted June 02, 2014
Teachers are highly involved with the students and very motivated to help them do well.

Posted February 18, 2014
My daughter has been at The R.E.A.L. school for two years now. She is excelling in school work and making wonderful friends! This school has amazing teachers. Students are required to call them, including the principle, by their first name which in my opinion, makes the students feel connected to their teachers and more approachable. However, they are not push-overs! There are expectations and responsibilities the students must be abide to. Grade requirements must be C or higher or you may lose your place to attend this school. I am very happy with this school and look forward to my younger children attending when it's their turn! Great job Willie & Staff !

Posted March 20, 2012
REAL School is wonderful. My children have learned to become independent learners and are enthusastic about their education. The school uses experiences to expand knowledge and activities/projects to develop application and understanding. The band program is exceptional; I have seen both my childrens' talents grow. Dan is a talented band teacher who often arranges and creates music that the students can get excited about, the concerts are filled with a variety of music and so fun students are even dancing in the aisles! The REAL School's focus on preparedness for college is a very desirable trait for our family too. The REAL School does offer some extra curricular activities like travel-abroad groups, literary groups and other academic opportunities, however if students want athletic extra-curricular activities the students must participate at their "districted" middle or high schools.

Posted November 11, 2011
If you want your child to be at a school that really supports learning, check out this school. I have been impressed by the teachers, director, and students here. This is a unique school. I only wish it could reach more kids.

Posted June 24, 2011
I went to this school until my Junior year, due to the fact that I had to move, but it is an amazing school. Everybody is family and the teachers all care for the students. There isn't that wall that separates the student/teacher relationship, because we call all of our teachers by their first name. I love this school with all of my heart.

Posted January 30, 2011
REAL School has teachers with positive mental attitude and director who is open to change. All of them are fine role models.

The Real School 0

Posted March 12, 2010
I have been going to the R.E.A.L. school since the 6th grade and still love it. Even though I haven't been to any other middle or high school I know this school is special. Currently I'm a junior and am so excited to be a senior. Not only will I graduate to the next stage of my life, I will also get a chance to be a main part and planner of the school. Every new 6th grader gets a senior to help them and guide them. My senior really helped me feel safe in a new environment and I can't wait to make others feel that way too. The teachers are always there when I have a question and care. I know everybody at the school supports me and will always be there for me. We truly are a family and that will never change.

Posted December 20, 2009
I entered the real school as a 6th grader.All the teachers are really great.We have all school field trips every ounce in a while.We have silent reading time every day witch I think is super cool because some schools dont even have silent reading time.The teachers are so layed back,its crazy!If I ad to compare this school to Walden III,Id say we are the same pretty much!

Posted August 13, 2009

Posted June 06, 2009
My daughter entered the REAL School as a sixth grader. On Friday, June 5th, 2009, she graduated from the REAL School. The school has been a wonderful family-like learning environment that made her success possible. After putting my son through the horrors of Racine's public schools - middle and high schools, I vowed to find an alternative for my daughter. I was worried at first, but learned very quickly how much the kids and their success meant to the staff. I do agree that extracurricular activities are not great, but the education is exceptional and it challenges the kids to learn in real-life scenarios. My daughter and her graduating class received a combined $800K plus in scholarships this year. For a class of 36 students - that speaks for itself. Thank you, Willie and Al for your vision and dedication. We love you!

The Real School
5915 Erie St, Racine, WI  53402
Last modified The Real School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Real School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top