Bad
Good

Develops character: Disagree

The teachers at SFHS are some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I have learned so much and have developed so many strong bonds with them over the course of my four years there. The saddest part is that the district's administration is driving them away because they are unwilling to make contract adjustments. Administration there is a joke. The principal is absolutely oblivious and a complete fake. The assistant principal is everyone's best friend. Everyone in the offices are disrespectful, lazy, and rude to parents, staff, and students. With half of the students coming in from the slums of Milwaukee thanks to open enrollment, this school is going to be the next Bay View High.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers seem to really care about their students. They communicate well during parent teacher conferences. They offer commendation and areas of concern fairly. Students can use Port to go to another class if they need additional help. There seems to be no reason why a student couldn't do well if they worked hard.

Overall, we have loved this school for our son. The campus is nice and clean. Communication is outstanding. I can email teachers directly and they are very cooperative. I love that they utilize PowerSchool for grades so I can always see fairly up to date information on grades. I also think the lunch staff is also very helpful. They use MySchoolBucks which is very convenient and helpful. I think the lunch period seems a bit short, but that's a minor issue. Otherwise, my son has been very happy at this school and has gone from barely passing to honor roll. It makes me almost want to go back to high school (almost).

I love it at sfhs! The classes are great, barely any physical fights. The only thing I would caution future parents and students of, is drug use. Nearly everyone smokes, a lot of teenage drinking and other recreational drugs are used.

I use to go to St. Francis and it was awful. There were always a group of students in the hall who were always skipping classes. The principal is never around and the vice principal doesn't do anything. I got bullied so badly there I had no friends and I had to eat lunch in the bathroom. When my mom called the school about it, they just yelled at me for eating in the bathroom. Lunch may be good but by the time you get it, you have like 5 minutes to eat it. This was the worst school I have EVER gone to! If you want to keep your child safe from bullies, I suggest you keep your child OUT of this school.

My son came to SFHS from a K-8 elementary school in the MPS system. He knew very few people coming to the school and I was concerned because he can be shy due to learning difficulties. He loves going to SFHS and has made many new friends. I am impressed with the amount of individual attention he gets from the main office to his academic teachers. The size of the school gives it an atmosphere where almost everyone knows each other. So far, we feel lucky because our son is adjusting so well and loves attending SFHS.

My daughter loves SFHS and my son is looking forward to coming there soon. Good people, good programs...etc.

We like SFHS alot. Great education, community. Individual attention. I would recommend the school.

This school is excellent, I am in 8th grade, but will be attending this school next year. I have seen the school and its activities many times, and they are excellent. I have never seen so many varieties of classes to take, electives, or extracurricular activities.

Last modified Saint Francis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.