Sheboygan, WI

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 05, 2015
This is a rough area! The students at this school have sdo much more to worry as out in their luves thasn school work being in such a high poverty area.....these teachers are incredible at their jobs and SO very patient

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 05, 2015
My son comes home from school having learned wonderfull things about loving and taking care of the planet, he always reminds me to recycle, and not to step on "ant houses" and much much more. All wonderfull things he learned at school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 05, 2015
Miss Koleno makes unbeleivable efforts to help her students emotionally, above and beyond her call of duty. Mr. Berkkum goes out of his way to ressolve student to student issues and help parents find resources for behavioral problems at school

Posted June 05, 2015
The student demographic at longfellw, honestly is a little rough...its a high poverty area....however the teachers are so loving and so compassionate. These teachers are very special....they're in a rough area with a lot of tough cases and they handle it excellently. I'm so greatfull to have my child here in this school...we alost switched schools and I'm very happy we didn't. Don't let the high poverty area scare you into thinking that this is a sub par school. It is great. Looking forward to next year.

Posted May 18, 2012
My son is in the special ed program and it has done wonders for him. He is further along then anyone ever thought Mr. King and Mr. Sornson are amazing teacher. The teachers are always going above and beyond. Almost all of the teachers know my sons name and that is impressive. I couldn't of found a better school for him Thank you everyone at Longfellow for working so hard with my son and showing all of us what he can do.

Posted February 04, 2010
Yes the teachers and staff are very good with the kids and show so much effort in hellping them . I plan to go back because I realise ow much better it is than where my children go in Calfornia

Longfellow Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2009
The Special Ed Class that my Son is in is adequate, with Teachers that really care, but greatly need more education/training for their students. The Principal needs additional training as well.

Posted May 27, 2008
Longfellow is the kind of school I wished I attended as a child. All the teachers are great, and give off such love and caring, you know the kids are happy. I am a parent of a son who attends there, and I feel he is being taught and attended to, by the greatest school in the city.

Posted May 27, 2008
These scores include students who barely speak English. Longfellow is one of the schools in Sheboygan that takes English Language Learners and students with emotional/behavioral disorders. Other schools don't have this population reflected in their test scores. Longfellow's teachers are amazingly skilled and profoundly caring. My child is loved and nurtured by his teachers daily. He has made great progress, and always scores proficient or advanced on his WKCE tests.

819 Kentucky Avenue, Sheboygan, WI  53081
Last modified Longfellow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longfellow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top