Shorewood, WI

Posted January 12, 2010
Shorewood High School and the other schools in the district are really beautiful. It is obvious that their custodial and maintenance crew is dedicated to creating a safe, clean, and aesthetically pleasing place for use by the student population and the community.

Posted October 03, 2009
Shorewood has the most dedicated staff, a unique and beautiful multi-building campus, an involved community and a history of excellence in the arts, academics, and a commitment to social service. Extremely low student-teacher ratios have always made it one of the top-rated high schools in Wisconsin. This school stresses writing skills and students return to say they are more prepared for the world as a result.

Posted October 03, 2009
It's a small school that strives to meet the needs of its students. Has very high test scores but cares about more than that.

Posted September 16, 2009
Exceptional commitment to the arts in spite of perennial budget shortfalls; outstanding teachers and administrators who really care about their students. Wonderful student body. Grade and score-wise, one of the best high schools in the nation. Shorewood schools are the heart of this village!

Posted September 16, 2009
Because of the amazing academic program, the ability of the teachers to teach, and the one of a kind atmosphere

Posted July 16, 2009
I just wanted to let everyone know that I attended Shorewood High School and I must say: Shorewood is the best high school in the state. It has prepared me for college and I know that I will succeed in life based on the education i received. The teachers are fantastic, all are incredibly knowledgeable. Shorewood is Excellent by any standard. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Posted May 27, 2009
As a parent of three Shorewood students, I can attest to the fact that my children have all had incredible experiences there. We have lived in many places and Shorewood will always hold a special spot in our hearts. In addition to being incredibly open and accepting to everything and anything, Shorewood has world-class academics and teachers that are absolutely fantastic. Any child would be lucky to get the opportunity to attend Shorewood High School.

Posted April 21, 2009
We cannot say enough about your extraordinary orchestra teacher. Her students, one being our granddaughter Erin Hagen, adore her. We have not missed a concert since Erin entered Jr High. The orchestra is a credit not only to the school but to the entire community as well. The polish and sound of this group is terrific. We also were encouraged when we heard the younger orchestra, it sounds as if they are well on their way! Kudos to all!

Posted February 23, 2009
As far as the involvement with the urban community, both the Intermediate and High School partner athletics with Messmer School. At Shorewood High School there are many programs/clubs offered to get students involved in the world locally as well as globally. Shorewood schools offer much diversity and it doesn't matter which kind of shoes you have or name brand clothing. Each child is identifed and respected for their unique personality and talents. I could not have asked for my children to attend a better school system. One where the teachers can actually teach in the classroom rather than having to be a warden or babysitter.

Posted December 16, 2008
I attend this school and I think the work provided here show excellent progress and care. Yeah, every school has its flaws, but THIS school tops it all; we have art, drama, religion, spanish, french, chinese, bible studies, best buddies (group with autistic students in the district), and TONS more! If I were you, I'd pick Shorewood school systems :o)

1701 East Capitol Drive, Shorewood, WI  53211
Last modified Shorewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shorewood High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top