Bad
Good

Rawson elementary is a great school . they involve parents in every activity. my kids are excited to go to school ! I am so happy I moved from Muskego/Wind lake to south Milwaukee.

Best school very clean can be downers like the parking lot and everyone catches on. The teacher help and are very strict Ina good way this the best school ever

I went to Rawson as a child. I liked the teachers and they were very helpful. Great location, Clean school and now my son is going there. I recommend Rawson to others looking for a good school.

We moved back to the community the summer before my oldest started 5 year old kindergarten-he's now in 5th grade. My daughter started a couple years later in 4K. My oldest catches on to academics quickly, and his teachers have made sure that he is always challenged in reading and math. My daughter has a different learning style, and I would consider her a more average student. She is appropriately challenged at her level in reading. Both of my children are quick to point out that they've always had good, caring teachers at Rawson. My husband and I agree. I read another review about parent involvement being low. That is the one area that I want to see improve, but the friendly members on the PTO have been working on that.

I sent my daughter to 4K there and she had a wonderful teacher. However, during the open house/orientation, the 'coach' gave a speech and I did not like his attitude. I also observed other instructors there over the year who were bossy and impatient with the school children. I found the office staff, teachers and principal to be friendly to adults, but not very respectful to the school children. Parental involvement was low - the PTO was poorly attended, very clique'ish and difficult to participate in. To me, an education is more than just excelling in reading, writing and arithmetic. I want a school that teaches the values of respect and generosity by good example. I want a school where the parental involvement is high. My experience was that this school wasn't the place to be for that. In the end I pulled my child out.

I went to Rawson in grade school and I loved it. The teachers were involved with what I was doing, and I knew almost everyone, me and mom were always there. Being at Rawson was probably the best thing for me, as I made lasting friendships, and had a lot of fun. I graduate as a part of the class of 2010, and will most likely stick around SM long enough to send my kids here. Keep going strong!

I had a lot of trouble with Rawson School with mainstreaming my special educational child into the general curriculum classes (which it is her constitutional right to attend the same classes as her non-disabled peers). S/he now attends a different school (not her home school) primarily because of that fact.

Last modified Rawson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.