Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 10, 2015
I am familiar with Kindergarten and First Grade and the homework for these classes seemed just right for our child and our family

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 10, 2015
I am not sure what grit means but focus and determination are present in the spelling bees, chess club and team sports.Zion Lutheran School has a Christ Centered focus, a loving environment and small class sizes. I am very happy with this school for my children.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
My two children have attended since PreK3, they will now enter 2nd grade and Kindergarten. I am so impressed with the academic learning and small class sizes. I was amazed how well my oldest was reading in Kindergarten. In addition the science and math in 1st grade was advanced. I tell my friends Zion School is similar to homeschooling without homeschooling it's a small loving Christ builbuilbuilding environment I can't recommend it highly enough.

Posted June 05, 2015
If you are looking at schools, be sure you check out Zion. Choosing a school to educate your child is an important and difficult decision. Zion offers a strong well rounded education based on Christian principles. The teachers genuinely care what happens with each and every child. Class sizes are small so that no child is lost in the shuffle. Administration is approachable and open to any input parents provide. If there's something a parent would like to see added to the offerings, administration works with the parents to see it happen. For example a chess club was started from a parents vision. How many schools are actually open to parents' input? Zion has a wide variety of extracurriculars such as basketball, volleyball, junior choir, cheerleading and cross country to name a few. For a small school Zion has a lot to offer.

Posted February 07, 2015
Zion offers a well rounded education to students. Teachers provide a structured environment that shows in the behavior of the students. If you stopped by any of the classrooms, you would find students at their desks ready to learn, not wandering around the room or doing some type of distracting activity. Teachers have expectations of every student that they will respect and participate in classroom activities.This helps to prepare them academically for their continuing education after Zion. It is great to have teachers reinforcing the same high expectations that we as parents have of our children at home. Besides strong academics, Zion offers a variety of sports starting at the third grade level. Coaches of these teams help teach competition in an honorable fashion. If you are researching schools, Zion should be put at the top of your list.

Posted November 01, 2014
It is easy to make claims like an earlier reviewer did, but much harder to back them up with facts. I m pretty sure that no testing of the student body was actually conducted by the previous reviewer, so everything stated is a baseless accusation. Keep in mind that this is a Christian school, and we make no apologies for sharing God s Word with our students. As far as balance goes, let Zion s test scores, parents, students, and others in the community speak for us. You ll see clearly that there is no lack of balance. The results of Zion's WKCE standardized tests are freely available on the school website, along with the results of other school districts. Unfortunately, the testing companies no longer supply these types of reports (public schools compared to parochial schools), which is why the last one is from 2010. Rather than assuming that kids will have difficulty moving on to other schools, perhaps the reviewer should talk to the students who have moved on to the high school level or even talk to many of the local high school teachers. We hear from them on a regular basis, and most gladly state that Zion does an excellent job of preparing students.
2 people found this helpful

3600 South Chicago Avenue, South Milwaukee, WI  53172
Last modified Zion Evangelical Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Zion Evangelical Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top