Calvary Academy 1

Posted August 17, 2012
This school dumbed down the material, as a high school student taking Marine Biology in 12th grade, I was given a biology 101 textbook and told to read the chapter on marine life. I was also taking Trigonometry before transferring to Calvary, and spent my time there with an old Trig book and no one qualified to teach it to me, so I was encouraged to try and teach myself from the book. Upon entering college I was told that my high school diploma from Calvary was unapplicable due to Calvary Academy not being an accredited school. The staff were neglectful, mean and abusive to the students. Students were broken down without being built back up. One example of this was a 12 year old girl who would pick at her face when stressed. The female staff made her wear signs on her front and back that read Confront me if you see me picking at my face . They made her wear these signs in public. Staff frequently belittled/punished the kids in ways that were harsh and unnecessary. We were treated as bad rather than human. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It took me quite a bit of time to build back up a healthy sense of self-worth and love after living in this prison for 8 months.

Calvary Academy 1

Posted September 03, 2008
Terrible School, did not give the student the individual attenttion needed to overcome problems, and never got to the root of the problems. Had A cirriculm that was 'dumbed down' because this is a school for the troubled teens. It was just plain awful.

Calvary Academy 4

Posted March 05, 2005
- a former student
This is a wonderful school. Learn how to manage school and everyday life skills. This school has order, encourges fun yet diciplinary actions as well to every behavior.

Calvary Academy