Bad
Good

Posted December 18, 2012
Wow, I have been really impressed by this school, they have taken great care of my daughter. The teachers are phenomenal, the level of caring for kids really high. The principal knows the kids names, is in the hallway checking on the kids. Yep, I was sort of bummed when I saw the interior of the school several years ago, but they have made nice upgrades to the office,art room, gym and they have made the building more secure. Royal Oaks received the highest scores in Sun Prairie area and even higher than most of the Waunakee schools, I find this impressive for our elementary school. Again, it is because of the great teachers at this school. My daughter is in the higher learning groups and does receive excellent guidance and support. The parents are super involved, and again, I have continually been impressed by the teachers and staff.

Posted August 29, 2012
My two kids have gone to royal oaks from k-2 ,and we have really enjoyed this school. I am a surprised by some of the comments here. The Sun Prairie schools are amazing, with two phy ed teachers for a regular sized elementary school (with a very engaging curriculum including roller blading, "rock" climbing, and sledding), a full time nurse in every school, a dedicated computer lab for kindergarten, band starting in elementary school, art club and fitness club for the older kids for before and after school, tons of fun behavior reward programs, and much more. The parent involvement is stunning, with many regular day volunteers as well as opportunities for working parents. Especially cool is the "Watchdog" program, that has a different dad volunteering each day. All the teachers I've volunteered with were working really hard and are very good at what they do. Class sizes tend to be less than 20. One thing that could be improved is to have a full time gifted education teacher as some of the other schools in SP do. (Currently there is a half time teacher.) But if your child is highly capable, you just need to advocate for your child-- they do have the resources to help.

Posted May 17, 2012
Royal Oaks is great I have one child there and another that is in HS. We think it is a great school!!!

Posted April 21, 2012
I went to this school for 4th and 5th grade and enjoyed it so much! i loved our old pricalple and when she left i was so sad but the new princaple was great! the teachers there are nice and the school is great! i wish i still went there!

Royal Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2012
Worst school my child has ever been to. We moved here from another state, so we didn't know much about Sun Prairie. I am happy to say that as of next year my child will be going to a different school in the Sun Prairie area.

Royal Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2012
I'm not quite sure what is going on at this school. Kindergarten and first grade were fine for my kids. But 2nd grade and on has been horrible. We had an instance where my child got onto the incorrect bus. And the office staff just brushed that one off. Another instance where one of my kids came home with a huge goose egg on her forehead and no one told me what had happened. When I call the school the next day it was determined that she did't want to see the nurse so she didn't. Um, since when do we let a child decide if they need to be seen by a nurse/doctor? She could have gotten a concussion. A few more incidents w/ one of the 2nd grade teachers there. And she is just terrible w/ kids. I'm not sure why she does not retire. The principal does nothing, he's very nice, but does nothing.

Posted May 16, 2011
I have a child in first grade. Yes the school needs a remodel, but I have been in much worse. Class sizes vary, but for the most part very manageable by the teachers. Speaking of teachers they are the best in all of Sun Prairie. The new Principal really cares, and wants input in all aspects of the school. Its all about the people there and how they handle situations. My child really loves it there, and makes lots of friends. Now the school is zoned in the most expensive part of town (Westwynde, Shonas communities) so there is tons of involvement by the parents, and it shows. So if you can afford a home here, do it, your kids will love going there....

Royal Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted July 16, 2010
Good teaching but this building needs a lots of renovations, otherwise it'll fall down one day.

Royal Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted March 26, 2009
Great school and location. The teachers are wonderful . All 3 of my children have gone here. Schhool could use some up dates.

Royal Oaks Elementary School
2215 Pennsylvania Avenue, Sun Prairie, WI  53590
Last modified Royal Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.