Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 25, 2016
The teachers are very personable and super attentive to each students needs. As a parent of three kids with very different personalities, all teachers have been responsive to my inquiries and concerns. Our experience last year was wonderful in all grades looking forward to the start of the 2017 school year! In addition, the office staff is top notch. They know each child by name and make it a point to make a parent feel comfortable and confident in leaving kids in the care!

Posted September 22, 2014
Huge fan of Creekside. My daughter was the first class to go through all six grades in this school when it first opened. My son is currently in fourth grade there - we turned down the opportunity to move him to Northside in favor of Creekside just this year, due to the faculty and the school itself. Creekside does an excellent job of caring for its kids and their families. It's had its share of principal turnover early on and some bumps along the way but the staff is strong and principal Jillian Block is top notch. Would highly recommend Creekside to all incoming families to Sun Prairie!

Posted September 03, 2014
I have been blown away and totally impressed by this school and it's staff. My son is in Kindergarten and I was feeling nervous about the transition. So far, everything has been amazing, the teacher's great and I think the principal is wonderful. I would recommend Creekside to anyone.

Posted August 30, 2014
Creekside is making steady improvements from where it's been. The staff is top-notch! I have had contact with both my kids' teachers over the last few years, and they have both been very responsive to our/their needs. I really like the programs that the teacher association puts on, though I do feel like the association could use more support from the parents of the school. It's not from lack of trying. I'm hoping as the neighborhood around the school grows, that there will be more involved families. The new principal is constantly making improvements to the school, and seems to rally behind the teaching staff. She has been building a very cohesive staff, who are there for our kids.

Creekside Elementary School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
Not having a great experience this year. Kindergarten was great 1st grade not so much. I don't feel that they are engaging my son at all. I have volunteered several times this year and noticed that the classroom is very unorganized. And it seems that as soon as the children start a task they are torn from it to start something else. My son left kindergarten advanced and has steadily been dropping in the ranks as the year progressed. Too many kids with behavoral problems are getting all of the attention, while the listeners take the punishment. Sorry to be "that mom" but I'm done with this school.

Posted March 03, 2013
Although this school has been through a lot of transition with principals in the last 3 years, the staff is AMAZING and have stood by their commitments to these children. Things are really headed in a very positive direction right now. They will be hiring a new principal for the 2013-2014 school year and the prospects are endless for a rock star principal. We have been at this school for 4 years and have had amazing teachers each year with both of my children. The Sun Prairie district as a whole is great and Creekside is no exception to this.

Creekside Elementary School 1

Posted December 20, 2011
My oldest attended this school for kindergarten. When we moved to a different area for the following year, he was considered VASTLY behind because of the low quality of instruction. His 1st grade teacher actually called me in to discuss his kindergarten because when they sent the files over, they were virtually empty. Several times throughout that year, I tried to speak to the teacher, the principal, and the superintendent about the curriculum and the fact that my child was bored, and I was essentially told that that was too bad, this was how they did things. It has taken my son almost 2 full years of another school just to catch up to his classmates in his new school.

Posted November 16, 2009
My son was transfered to Creekside in its first year of operation. We LOVE the new school, We LOVE the principal - Evelyn S. And my son has made lifelong friends that he would not have made were it not for the redistricting to accomodate this new elementary school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Teachers and staff make this a fantastic learning enviroment, plus just a real fun plkace to be

1251 O'Keeffe Avenue, Sun Prairie, WI  53590
Last modified Creekside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.