Bad
Good

Superior High School 1

Posted November 03, 2015
Yes, Superior is a clean and safe place to go to school pretty much. However, their tolerance for bullying, sexual harassment, depression, is awful. I was a member of the Special Education department due to being absent school for months due to Mental Health and their "efficient" way of helping me was telling me that I had lots of homework to do and that I should just do it. They also, then, refused any other accommodations while I was three months behind after staying in a psychiatric ward. I was sexually harassed daily and when I went to a councilor, they did not believe me because I didn't have proof. I was stolen from, beaten up, disrespected, treated like an option. Nonetheless, they focus too much on their appearance and ratings and numbers rather than on the students. By their logic, it's "it's safe to lose a few, as long as most graduate." Their teaching system needs improvement with caring about ALL students, not those with good greats. Teachers also favorite the students. Will not care about the ones who are suffering and praise the ones with high grades. Two years there drove me to homeschool. Superior High School has severe depression rates. Try to connect the dots, administration.

Superior High School
Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 29, 2015
Superior High School is a nice facility, clean and a safe place to attend. There are some great teachers that really care about the students and want them to succeed academically. Some don't really care. I do think the school could do a better job of noticing those students that need more help. They seem to fall through the cracks and parents are not alerted in a timely manner if the student is having a problem. I also think there is more focus on the athletes and honor roll students and that could be an improvement on the part of the school administration.

Superior High School 1

Posted June 03, 2015
teachers are all for the athletes in this school but if your not talented enough to become an athlete then you are nothing but a burden begging to be taught and to learn.

Posted August 27, 2008
Superior Senior High School is a wonderful school which I currently attend. All schools have their flaws, and I admit that my school is no exception. But what parents have to realize is that they are not going to find a perfect school. It's just not possible. Our sports teams are amazing, we have experienced, informative teachers and a plethora of after school activities. Our music department is through the roof. The student body is pretty much always very accepting, no matter your gender or race or sexuality. Most of the kids are open and friendly and ready to make friends with new students that come in. We have our trouble kids, I'll admit, but what school doesn't? What parents need to know is that this is a wonderful school, and as long as they stay involved with their child s education there shouldn t be any problems in the future.

Posted December 12, 2007
I am an alum of SHS and honesly if you want your child to have a great high school experience you wont go wrong here. as high school students go, the kids at SHS are generally kind and accepting and though it is a bigger school, it helps keep it less catty. The AP and Honors courses here are very well taught, but the math depertment is a weakness. Overall i really loved Superior.

Superior High School 3

Posted February 28, 2007
Superior High School has some great teachers, however if you are not lucky enough to get them your student may fall through the cracks. The math curriculum district wide is not teaching the average/struggling math student what they need to learn to succeed. Information is lacking, and when information is requested by parents, it sometimes takes weeks to get a response, if at all. The administration, school board, and superintendent seem out of touch with todays problems. But, we have an excellent hockey team. There is a parent advisory committee, but their students are frequently on the honor roll. Good for them, bad for the average student. This could be a great school, but I would give it a D+

Posted November 21, 2006
good school. if like sports good in sports. number 1 DECA in nation and number 1 one act and FBLA in the state. so if you like that stuff come here.

Superior High School 2

Posted July 28, 2005
Unless your child stands out academically or socially, they will fall through the cracks and nobody but you will notice or care. This school seems to focus on those who excel (ie...the 'senior project') instead of focusing on getting test scores and graduation rates up. Some teachers don't want to take the time to even notify parents of their students progress even when asked by the parent. Their focus seems to be on those who are easy to teach and already excel, not those who are at risk of failing.

Superior High School 2

Posted June 05, 2005
I have found that there are some opportunities for your child to get help if needed, if they ask. I have also found that as a parent is is hard to get cooperation from teachers to notify you if you child is struggling. Even when you request that you be notified when they notice your child is slipping they won't. Instead you are told to contact them every time you are concerned. That seems very backwards to me. The reason I was given that they don't notify every parent is because they don't know what parents care. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be asking to be notified if my child is failing.

Superior High School 5

Posted September 08, 2004
Superior high school. Is one of the cleanest high schools I have ever encountered. The student atmosphere also ranks right up there with the best in the state. Way to go superior.

Superior High School
2600 Catlin Avenue, Superior, WI  54880
Last modified Superior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.