Superior High School 1

Posted November 12, 2009

Posted January 09, 2009

Posted August 27, 2008
Superior Senior High School is a wonderful school which I currently attend. All schools have their flaws, and I admit that my school is no exception. But what parents have to realize is that they are not going to find a perfect school. It's just not possible. Our sports teams are amazing, we have experienced, informative teachers and a plethora of after school activities. Our music department is through the roof. The student body is pretty much always very accepting, no matter your gender or race or sexuality. Most of the kids are open and friendly and ready to make friends with new students that come in. We have our trouble kids, I'll admit, but what school doesn't? What parents need to know is that this is a wonderful school, and as long as they stay involved with their child s education there shouldn t be any problems in the future.

Posted December 12, 2007
I am an alum of SHS and honesly if you want your child to have a great high school experience you wont go wrong here. as high school students go, the kids at SHS are generally kind and accepting and though it is a bigger school, it helps keep it less catty. The AP and Honors courses here are very well taught, but the math depertment is a weakness. Overall i really loved Superior.

Posted March 27, 2007

Posted February 28, 2007
Superior High School has some great teachers, however if you are not lucky enough to get them your student may fall through the cracks. The math curriculum district wide is not teaching the average/struggling math student what they need to learn to succeed. Information is lacking, and when information is requested by parents, it sometimes takes weeks to get a response, if at all. The administration, school board, and superintendent seem out of touch with todays problems. But, we have an excellent hockey team. There is a parent advisory committee, but their students are frequently on the honor roll. Good for them, bad for the average student. This could be a great school, but I would give it a D+

Posted November 21, 2006
good school. if like sports good in sports. number 1 DECA in nation and number 1 one act and FBLA in the state. so if you like that stuff come here.

Superior High School 2

Posted July 28, 2005
Unless your child stands out academically or socially, they will fall through the cracks and nobody but you will notice or care. This school seems to focus on those who excel (ie...the 'senior project') instead of focusing on getting test scores and graduation rates up. Some teachers don't want to take the time to even notify parents of their students progress even when asked by the parent. Their focus seems to be on those who are easy to teach and already excel, not those who are at risk of failing.

Superior High School 2

Posted June 05, 2005
I have found that there are some opportunities for your child to get help if needed, if they ask. I have also found that as a parent is is hard to get cooperation from teachers to notify you if you child is struggling. Even when you request that you be notified when they notice your child is slipping they won't. Instead you are told to contact them every time you are concerned. That seems very backwards to me. The reason I was given that they don't notify every parent is because they don't know what parents care. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be asking to be notified if my child is failing.

Superior High School 5

Posted September 08, 2004
- a former student
Superior high school. Is one of the cleanest high schools I have ever encountered. The student atmosphere also ranks right up there with the best in the state. Way to go superior.

Superior High School
2600 Catlin Ave, Superior, WI  54880
Last modified Superior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Superior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.