Bad
Good

Northern Lights was a fabulous school for both my son and daughter. Both got a solid education which allowed them to eventually take honor courses (AP and CIS) and go on to college. As a parent, I strongly support sending your own children to Northern Lights Elementary!

Northern Lights is a wonderful school with welcoming staff, willing and excited parent volunteers, and plenty of opportunity for students to show off their skills.

I am a parent of special ed student my son attended Northern Lights for 3 years and I wasn't happy with the way they ran this school. It is way too big. Just the lunch room has way too many kids. My son was not given an assistant and instead of teaching him the social skills he needed they put him in alternative lunch/ where the kids go if they got into trouble or had a medical condition and couldn't go out for recess. I held him back and was told by this school that was best because he wasn't ready for kindergarden but later found out he has autism. My son had the same teacher from the second 4k and into kindergarden and that is the only way I thought it would be a good transition the teacher would know him and it would be a good year. But it wasn't. It was horrible it only got worse. It your kid has any behavior problems and it be adhd/autism like my son had don't bring him to this school. Go somewhere else. Please visit the school on your terms before you send your kids to this school. I open enrolled my son to go to another school its not great but it is better. My son attended from 2007-2010.

I love Northern Lights, because, it loves the children back. The opportunities for the children to learn and take part are available. Children are taught to reach for the stars and are encouraged by all, no matter what socio-economic background they come from. Children are part of the learning process and have ample opportunities from the PTA to give back to the classrooms and to eachother in all the events that are offered at Northern Lights. As a parent I too, have the opportunity to volunteer in the classroom and beyond. I think it is important as a parent to volunteer to better understand what my child is learning and what is offered through Northern Lights Elementary.

Last modified Northern Lights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.