Bad
Good

I just graduated from Tomah and while it is your typical small town school (cliques, big family names, etc) it really is how you choose it to be. If you try hard in class and ask for help when needed, teachers are more than willing to help out. When I was in 7th grade, I was bullied and the school district immediately took care of it. As far as drugs, yes there are students that use but there is no one pressuring students to do them, if they do drugs it is by their own choice. Really any problems that have been mentioned would happen in any school. I am not from this town, don't have a" famous" last name, my family isn't rich, and I am of a minority group and my experience at Tomah was far better than I expected, and I would recommend Tomah High to anyone.

I moved here in 2009 and graduated in 2012. Before the move, I've never had any problems with school (academically) but in Tomah it was very difficult following some of their teaching styles. And as past posts have stated, it does matter who you are. If you are new in town, aren't from a farming family, don't excel in sports, etc., etc., you might as well be invisible. That being said, I've never been bullied or anything like that, but it is blatantly obvious that there is favoritism.

I agree with the previous posts. This school has a huge drug problem. Open campus during lunch isn't helping to control the issue. Also the disciplinary actions are to "make examples" of the troubled kids instead of offering help. Meanwhile the kids who have made it in with the popular crowd, doing the same bad behaviors, are able to slip threw the cracks. My child has been very depressed and it has been nothing but a struggle at this school due to the out of control drug influences and popularity contest.

I attended Tomah High School before I moved after my sophomore year and I agree that its all pretty much a popularity contest. If you don't come from a rich family people could care less about you.

I am a student at this high school, the teachers care about you learning if you are willing to learn. You don't need money or a good name, because I don't have either. I highly recommend this school. The one issue is the drug problem, no gangs, but too many drugs. Don't fall in with the wrong crowd.

I am a student here and i fell behind i've talked to numerous people (Counclers, teachers, etc) about help you dont get it. like the post earlier if you dont have money or a famous family you will be ignored or worst teased and if you try to tell them to stop your/your kid is going to be the one getting into trouble. I had trouble with kids calling me gay and overly teasing me since middle school and i just got sick of it and went to the office and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I would NOT recomend this school unless you have money or your kid is good at making friends or is famous.

This school is terrible. Drama all around. I was a student before my mom pulled me out and now I'm on an online school. Let's just say, I am depressed all the time. If you don't have a famous last name in Tomah, you are nothing to the teachers or students. Don't let your kid go here. You're in for a big mess.

I was a former student at Tomah High School and at times i fell behind in school because i was dealing with a bad home life. The teacher could care less about catching you up in your home work. In my opinion the schools mindset is if you're not like everyone else and can't keep up you're not worth it.

My oldest son is a junior at THS. I'm very impressed with most of the administrators and staff. Several administrators and staff have gone out of their way to help my son or me. I find that whenever I contact the school I'm treated with respect as a parent. Most of the teachers are caring and dedicated. However, there are a few teachers, at THS, who have forgotten that they are there to serve the students and not themselves. As far as the physical building, it is okay. I wish it had a swimming pool for the kids. I have noticed that the community insists that the school district needs to be very frugal. No frills in this district. Overall, I think THS does a fine job with our kids. I did not go to THS as a student, but was raised in the north shore of Chicago.

Last modified Tomah High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.