Bad
Good

I have been nothing but impressed with the way this school operates. They do a fantastic job of personalizing the learning for my children. My children are challenged, show growth and LOVE going to school! Hands down the only place I would want my kids!

Overall, I have loved Wales Elementary. The Pricipal really cares and listens. Most teachers work well with the students. The parent involvement and PTO are top notch. My only downfall is the differentiation in the classroom. Two of my kids are advanced and are frequently not challenged to their top potential. I find only certain teachers are really good and teaching to all different intelligence levels. I believe for the 'average' student this school is great but for those needing more, it lacks. I plan to continue to fight for teachers that will keep my kids engaged.

My kindergartener loves this school and her teacher. She is reading alone and has started writing on her own. She comes home very happy, and when I visit the school the teacher and principle always take the time for anything we need. I can't believe a teacher at Wales would tell a child they are not intellegent like another poster said, but then I wasn't there to hear it. We love the school.

This is a high rated school where the teachers focus on creativity and encourage all students to do their best. Based on the recent test results, there does appear to be a lack of structure and focus on language arts. It is wonderful that they want all the children to feel good about themselves, but will it do them a disservice when they enter middle and high school?

My son has been at Wales for 6 years now - first through the early development program and then through his gradeschool years. I cannot say enough good things about the school. The teacher are very open and interactive. My son has special needs and the school and teachers have done everything within their means to meet his needs - This is a 5-star school

Last modified Wales Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.