Waukesha, WI
Students enrolled: 1,232

Posted February 12, 2014
It's extremely accepting and welcoming to new students, the teachers are entertaining and really know how to teach the material in ways you'll remember it.

Posted January 05, 2014
This school does not prepare students for academic success after high school. My son got A's in his AP classes and did very poorly in the same subjects (intro level) in college. His fellow graduates that were 3.5 or higher grade point average are struggling and some have dropped out of college after their first year. The new grading system is very disappointing and unrealistic.

West High School 4

Posted November 23, 2011
I'm currently a junior at Waukesha West and things have gotten better now that we have a new principal. So far, I've really enjoyed the experience, especially my freshman and sophomore years. Naturally, junior year is much harder and stressful. Therefore, I haven't been enjoying this year all that much. There are the few who love their job and do everything for the students. However, there is the other side with a few teachers who make you want to explode. We have gone through many issues throughout the school years and it's all about what one makes of it. Some kids complain about how it's a drug-associated and snobby kind of school, but if you hang around with the right people, you don't really encounter that kind of stuff. The administration consisting of the principal and 3 vice principals are generally caring and helpful. Unfortunately, the secretaries in the office are rather cold-shouldered and unfriendly. The student body is pretty friendly and welcoming; there's always someone who'd want to help you out. To wrap things up, this school is a great place with so many opportunities to get involved; there is a place for everybody here, and you just have to find it.

Posted March 25, 2011
Our daughter is finishing up her freshman year at West and she is loving attending school there. In my opinion, she does not have a mediocre teacher...every one of them is outstanding. She is an active participant in band and she enjoys it. She has become very invested in her own high school experience and I feel that the teachers at West have encouraged this. I am very happy to have my daughter attend West. We moved to Waukesha from the Chicago area and I know that her experience at West far exceeds what it would have been if we hadn't moved here.

West High School 2

Posted May 03, 2010
Ever since the administration was redone, the school has taken a nose dive.

Posted April 19, 2010
I am a sophomore here and I don't like this school. Few teachers are willing to help students outside of class and it seems like the faculty as a whole doesn't care about the kids once they're out of their class. The administration assumes the worst out of students without looking into their side and are super strict. The kids, for the most part, are exactly what other schools make them out to be, spoiled rich kids who complain to mommy and daddy when they don't get what they want

Posted May 15, 2009
This school is subpar to say the least. I sent 2 children here and we had to change districts to send my younger 2 children to a better school. The parents talk the talk about caring, but only a select few truly enjoy teaching. Drugs and Alcohol are common culture for upperclassmen and the school provides very little discipline. This is not the school for a student who wants to do more than graduate from High School.

Posted January 15, 2009

West High School 0

Posted September 09, 2008
My daugher graduated last year 08 and had a great experience. We made sure our Freshmen twins got in at West also. We are in the North district. First month of school and they are adjusting well. Web grader helps the teachers and parents stay informed. Sports activities are going great.

Posted May 02, 2005
As the parent of a senior I can say that I love this school! My daughter has has a great education, contact with great teachers and tons of extracurricular activities to keep her busy. She has been involved in softball (frosh/soph and JV) and Drama (including Drama Board) as well as SADD (Students against distructive decisions). I would highly recommend this school, it is well maintained, the teachers are happy in their jobs and the parents are quite involved.

West High School
3301 Saylesville Rd, Waukesha, WI  53189
Last modified West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top