Hadfield Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 392 students

Sweep tile

Posted October 24, 2013

The 2012/13 school year saw many changes for this school and not for the better. I pulled my child out halfway through the year and I've not looked back. It's sad because we had been a Hadfield family for years and it was such a great school.

Posted September 5, 2013

My kids have attended this school for 4 years. Starting the 2012-2013 things have gone down hill. Unorganized and the principal makes it more then obvious she doesn't care about the school, children and parents. It's sad because the teachers, counselors, social worker is wonderful. This could be a great school with a principal who did her job and was supportive of the children.

Posted March 1, 2013

I have had my children at Hadfield for many years. They have always gone above and beyond! As of the 2012/2013 school year I have been very disappointed. I had to pull my children out of the school. It's very disappointing because my husband and I purposely bought a home in the Hadfield district. Something needs to be done!!!!

Posted October 26, 2011

Best elementary school in Waukesha, Great staff and Principal. Down to earth compassionate and sensible leadership where the needs of the kids are paramount. I only wish every elementary school could be like Hadfield.

Posted June 10, 2011

This school (Hadfield) has EXCELLENT Teachers and assistants. I have two teenage daughters, and am a single Mom. My daughters went to this school from Pre-K all the way through 6th grade. I do have one daughter who had a speech IEP for three years, and the Speech Therapist(s) at this school made great strides for my daughter. Each and every one of the Teachers always took time with each one of my daughters and their education. Being a single Mother, the principal was always available for any resources I may have needed. We had our hard times, and we could always count on Hadfield to be there for us for education and beyond! I now have two very educated teeagers in High School. They will always take what they've learned through Hadfield Elementary School throughout the rest of their lives. I highly recommend this school for ANY and ALL in Waukesha, WI.

Posted May 4, 2010

I love Hadfield school because my son went to this school he is autistic, he isn't eligible for any autisme program (he's born in France not citizenship).Hadfield help him with special education and give us a support .I'm Hadfield elementary school .

Posted September 4, 2008

We love Hadfield! We choice our children into Hadfield because of the community that this school builds between families, kids, staff and neighborhood. Not only is the building filled with compassionate, caring teaching faculty, but all members of the staff are always welcoming and supportive. Hadfield supports the needs of all kids: GT, English Learners and Special Education. Hadfield is growing the next leaders in the Waukesha Community!

Posted June 2, 2007

We have nothing but praise for our experience at Hadfield School. The teachers and staff are caring and involved, the expectations for behavior are high, and there are tons of family activities to participate in. When we moved to Waukesha, we were surprised to find some snobbery between schools in adjoining neighborhoods. I would send my kids to any school in Waukesha, but I really like the diversity at Hadfield. The students are very tolerant, and my kids have never felt any pressure to dress or act a certain way. Also, a lot of the Hadfield kids in our neighborhood are leaders in academics, sports, and music in high school. If you're looking for solid academics, strong discipline and leadership, and a diverse mix of kids, you'll like Hadfield.

Posted May 3, 2007

My daughter has attended private schools before coming to Waukesha two years ago. One of my majors in college was education. I student taught in MPS and know what standards I want for our daughter. When we chose a school for her we toured all the private school in the area, as well as several public ones. We chose Hadfield for a number of reasons, and my expectations were succeeded in all areas. My daughter is doing very well in school, feels respected and is taught according to her abilities. She attends many after school programs, as well as the her values nor her discipline as I work each day. I am proud of Hadfield as our neighborhood school, and am satisfied that our research into the school system has paid off in choosing the very best school for our daughter, Hadfield Elementary School!

Posted April 24, 2007

I pulled my children from Hadfield Elementary due to their low educational standards and lack of staff direction. It was shameful and I have higher standards for my children's education.

Posted November 12, 2006

I recommend Hadfield school to anyone who is not happy with the school their kids go to. My 7 year old couldn't read. Hadfield school got her a reading teacher, who was so nice, and help my daughter learn to read. My children can get to school early and have breakfast with all of their class mates. They have a fenced in play ground that keeps the kids safe. They have good communications, with me. When my kids are sick, or hurt themselves while at school, they give me a call. They really care about helping my children be happy and have a safe learning environment. I like the rules of the school where bullying, and name calling, is not allowed. They teach the kids to respect each other and to work together. The teachers go out of their way to help the kids succeed.

Posted May 29, 2006

Hadfield is one of the best schools my children have ever attended. My children have gone to a few different schools and Hadfield is by far the best school so far. The teachers are compationate and understanding. They go above and beyond to help my boys and our family in general.We are moving and having to leave this school...But if there was any way to stay we would. It is great when you find teachers and a principal who care about teaching our kids not only academics but also teach them how to become a better well rounded human being. We will miss this school.

Math

The state average for Math was 50% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 35% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Wisconsin used the Wisconsin Student Assessment System (WSAS), which includes the WKCE and WAA, to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 10 in math and reading, and in grades 4, 8 and 10 in language arts, science and social studies. The WSAS is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Wisconsin. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level. In private schools, only voucher program participants are tested.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 50% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 33% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 92% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 36% in 2013.

All Students41%

Not economically disadvantaged50%
Non-disabled34%
Non-migrant27%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. If there are fewer than 5 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group. Subgroup scores for each school are only reported for students who were enrolled as of the fall enrollment count. The All students score includes results for all students who took the test, regardless of when they first enrolled in the school.

Language Arts

• Grace Hess
Fax number
  • (262) 970-1520

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now