Heyer Elementary School 1

Posted October 15, 2014
My daughter spent her entire time in grade school at Heyer. At first I really liked it, but over time the quality of her education declined. It started 2-3 years ago, after White Rock closed. Now the school is essentially half Hispanic (non English speaking) and the school has dedicated itself towards catering to those non-English speaking students while the rest fall by the wayside. We started in a different district this year for middle school and it is shocking/disappointing how far behind my daughter is because of the poor education she received at Heyer. I would NEVER recommend someone send their child here. Ever.

Heyer Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2014
Heyer Elementry was a good school, but over time Heyer grew worse and worse, most likely because of all the Hispanics that were moved over to Heyer. The Hispanics don't even know how to speak English and couldn't care less about an education. The bottom line is, don't send your kids to Heyer unless you want them to get a poor education.

Posted December 07, 2013
Love the kindergarten teacher and the communication. My son's teacher answers my questions immediately and us parents have so many opportunities to be involved. I am shocked by my son's academic progress just during the first trimester. I was so worried he'd have many issues because he is possibly with ADHD, but the structure has been outstanding and helped him so much. The principal is incredibly involved especially with school functions. I really just love this school! So amazed by my kid's test scores...all above average...Thank you Heyer and Claire Hauser!!

Posted December 07, 2013

Posted October 13, 2008
I felt like these teachers were willing to go the extra mile for the students even though they are not required to. I thought the principal was good and stayed very involved. They also had enough activities for students and parents to be involved at school functions.

Posted May 15, 2008

Posted September 26, 2007
Our family could not have asked for a better school when we moved here 3 years ago from Racine. I have never felt more connected to a group of staff, parents and children as I do here. Our principal is so attentive at knowing all the parents and kids. The kids just love him! I have been involved in the PTA and find a great wealth of parent power here at Heyer. The teachers are so excited about being with the children and they express enthusiasm for learning and teaching. They communicate with me well and keep me in touch with what is happening in school. All of this comes down to the fact that my kids love school and we love being at Heyer. The atmosphere at Heyer is in complete support of educating our children to the fullest capacity.

Posted June 27, 2007
I love this school! The principal is very caring and involved with the children. My daughter loves going to school and hates when she has to miss. I can only compare this school to 1 other school in Waukesha which my son went to and that is Lowell Elementary. I have to say that Mr. Beine and the staff at Heyer in 1 year of my daughter attending, have by far out shown staff at Lowell in the 7 years that my son was there.

Posted September 15, 2006
My girls love Heyer School. The staff is top notch and the principal does a great job supporting the teachers and encouraging the students. The kids at this school are very nice, well behaved students. It is obvious that everyone in that school buildings cares about each other. Heyer is the best!

Posted August 06, 2006
My twin sons transferred to Heyer from a private school mid-year 05-06. The kindergarten teachers were terrific - so committed and caring. The academic programs are challenging and fun for the children and the school encourages a great deal of parental involvement. The principal has a firm commitment to his school and it shows in the staff.

Heyer Elementary School
1209 Heyer Dr, Waukesha, WI  53186
Last modified Heyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heyer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top