Posted August 13, 2014
I was a student there and I found the school helpful in every way. Its not always what the parents think! This school's teachers were friendly, kind, and generously offered time to help students learn. There was plenty of social activities that let students gain friends. There was plenty of room for physical fitness and you seemed to make friends with every teacher. There is plenty of festive nights. The field trips provided excellent education for the topic they studied. The school might've been small , but it was full of smiling faces!

Posted January 06, 2012
Great teachers, leadership and parent involvement welcomed and encouraged. All of the teachers my kids have had have been outstanding!

Hillcrest Elementary School 3

Posted July 09, 2011
AVERAGE for Waukesha. I do not agree with the below. I rate this school as below average. The principal doesn't seem truly concerned about children willing to learn more only getting by with the minimum. They expect parents to do the extra instruction to enhance education to the NEXT level. They're more concerned with volunteer parents than enhancing gifted children's education. It is frowned upon if parents have to work and are unable to volunteer for events or unable to afford all activities. The school also seemed to be more concerned with social skills in Kindergarten. There is not much focus on growing on an educational level. My daughter went to Kindergarden at a 2nd grade reading level and left at the same level. She kept telling me the teacher just told her to try her best. My daughter was using that as a crutch instead of truly going further and trying her best. We brought these concerns up with the teacher and the principal. They both stated social skills are important first. According to the child cares centers my child did go to, she is above her age level. She has wonderful social skills and will learn quickly if you don't group her in her age group.

Posted December 20, 2010
We love HC! Both teachers my daughter has had (K & 1st) are wonderful! They're very involved and communicate with parents often - no surprises! I recommend this school to any parent seeking a new school or moving to the area!

Posted August 07, 2008
The school and staff having been fantastic. I am impressed most of the teachers my son has had. They have made a difference in him and have supported him in all ways to excel. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Hillcrest Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2008

Hillcrest Elementary School 2

Posted May 03, 2008

Posted May 24, 2006
High quality of academic programs. The school does an excellent job of communicating what is going on in the school and each classroom to the parents. Great teachers and staff.

Posted August 30, 2004

Hillcrest Elementary School
2200 Davidson Rd, Waukesha, WI  53186
Last modified Hillcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillcrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top