Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this school! Unfortunately we are moving out of district so we have to leave them but if you want a great school that is totally organized, clean, has great caring, supportive, kind, loving staff, has it together then THIS is the place to go. Everyone including regular ed teachers, special ed, speech, and other specialists are all just plainly awesome. It's definitely a TEAM/Community/Friendly atmosphere there and everyone's got it totally together. Out of the 15 elementary schools in Waukesha THIS ONE in my opinion is THE BEST!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I feel like all the teachers that we encountered truly care about these kids, and truly love their careers. I don't think there is one bad teacher there. They all seemed cheerful, friendly and positive.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel the teacher was right on target with the amount of homework she gave out. Some of the projects were very family centered and encouraged parents and families to work on things together.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My daughter who attended has Autism. As a special ed student she was treated with respect and was treated like any other student. They teach all the students to respect one another and it shows.

I was a student there and I found the school helpful in every way. Its not always what the parents think! This school's teachers were friendly, kind, and generously offered time to help students learn. There was plenty of social activities that let students gain friends. There was plenty of room for physical fitness and you seemed to make friends with every teacher. There is plenty of festive nights. The field trips provided excellent education for the topic they studied. The school might've been small , but it was full of smiling faces!

Great teachers, leadership and parent involvement welcomed and encouraged. All of the teachers my kids have had have been outstanding!

AVERAGE for Waukesha. I do not agree with the below. I rate this school as below average. The principal doesn't seem truly concerned about children willing to learn more only getting by with the minimum. They expect parents to do the extra instruction to enhance education to the NEXT level. They're more concerned with volunteer parents than enhancing gifted children's education. It is frowned upon if parents have to work and are unable to volunteer for events or unable to afford all activities. The school also seemed to be more concerned with social skills in Kindergarten. There is not much focus on growing on an educational level. My daughter went to Kindergarden at a 2nd grade reading level and left at the same level. She kept telling me the teacher just told her to try her best. My daughter was using that as a crutch instead of truly going further and trying her best. We brought these concerns up with the teacher and the principal. They both stated social skills are important first. According to the child cares centers my child did go to, she is above her age level. She has wonderful social skills and will learn quickly if you don't group her in her age group.

We love HC! Both teachers my daughter has had (K & 1st) are wonderful! They're very involved and communicate with parents often - no surprises! I recommend this school to any parent seeking a new school or moving to the area!

The school and staff having been fantastic. I am impressed most of the teachers my son has had. They have made a difference in him and have supported him in all ways to excel. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Last modified Hillcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.