Prairie Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at Prairie. She is in second grade. Her teachers are young, but they are concerned about the students. There is daily feedback and a summary for the week. The staff and principal have always been friendly towards us. My daughter enjoys going to school and she is performing well. The other kids have been very friendly to her even though she is new.

Posted August 05, 2011
I am a Prairie parent of 2 girls....oldest is going into 4th grade. I grew up attending a very small elementary school with great staff and leadership. I feel Prairie is just like that! I always feel welcome whenever attending functions or just entering the school grounds. My children LOVE attending Prairie! I feel it is a safe, friendly, strong academic and welcoming school for all families. I am proud to be a Prairie Puma family!

Prairie Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2011
My grandson is in second grade and gets bullied and beaten up on a daily basis. There is very little if any response from the teachers or the principal. There is little or no supervision on the playground. Teachers are burnt out and very unfriendly.

Prairie Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2011
I think Prairie Elementary is a bad school. The teachers are not very involved in what the children are doing and there is never any supervision on the playground. The staff is very unfriendly.

Posted August 13, 2009
My children started this school last year. My daughter was in 3rd grade and my son in 1st grade. I immediately fell in love with the school. The teachers, principal, and office staff have been wonderful. The after school activities they have for families (dances, fairs etc) have all been greatly anticipated by my kids! We loved the school so much that even though we moved out of the waukesha school district we applied for them to stay in this school!

Posted June 24, 2008
My oldest son attended Prairie from 1st-6th grade and my youngest is now entering 2nd grade. I have substituted at other schools in the district, and I would choose Prairie over any other school in the district. The teachers get to know their students and their families. The school offers support for students who are struggling, as well as those who are gifted (my boys are on both ends of that spectrum). On the playground, the park-like atmosphere is one of the bonuses. I personally won't leave my kids on the playground in the mornings until 3rd grade, but drop-off time has become more secure since the principal began 'making the rounds' outside in the morning. My kids like it so much we bike over in the summer to play.

Prairie Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2007

Prairie Elementary School 2

Posted November 12, 2006
The kids at Prairie school would beat up on my kids and they would not get disciplined for it. The out side doors are locked when the kids are at recess and my children ended up peeing on the play ground because they could not get into the school to use the restroom. I transferred my kids out of this school. They have no reading teachers to help kids that are behind. The school lunch room ladies would try to force my kids to eat all their food even when they were not hungry. There is no breakfast for the kids before school. There is no fence around the playground to stop the kids from going into the woods.

Prairie Elementary School
1801 Center Rd, Waukesha, WI  53189
Last modified Prairie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top