Public charter
Waukesha, WI

Waukesha Stem Academy 2

Posted May 25, 2015
The middle school is horrible but the elementary school is very good. Unfortunately they've decided to replace the elementary principal and expand the middle school principal's responsibilities. I don't see this being in any student's best interest. All the elementary parents leaving positive comments here are about to find out where all the dissatisfaction comes from.

Waukesha Stem Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2015
My boys are learning life skills and all around getting a complete education. We love WSA

Posted May 22, 2015
Fantastic school with education at its finest. Best school in Waukesha by far. Kids are learning and understanding at such a high level, incredible teachers and so many opportunities.

Posted April 21, 2015
This school is awful. Communication is bad, grading system is bad and everything in between is bad. Principal cares only about himself...luckily he is leaving. When there are student problems, little things get done because the teachers want the children to figure it out instead of the adults stepping in to help resolve the problem. There is no guidance with anything. So, overall it is not a good school.

Posted March 23, 2015
It's very interesting to find negative reviews of this school because, as a parent of a student at STEM Randall, this school has been nothing but stellar. The education and growth of our child at STEM has been enormous, the staff is committed to providing a top notch education to their students, using best practices. We had the choice between sending our child to a private school and opted for STEM instead because we saw the quality as equal to private school education, without the cost. Our younger child will also attend STEM Randall in the fall- a choice we're confident is a good one.

Posted January 24, 2015
I've never felt strongly enough about anything to submit a review but just have to say something about his school. We have been with the middle school for two years now. I heard another parent recently describe the experience of attending here as "exhausting" and I couldn't have come up with a better description. We just learned that the principal is changing the daily schedule, yet again, halfway through year. This is pretty typical. I guess if it was just me I'd shut up and live with it but all these reviews here and elsewhere and fellow parents sharing the same thoughts one on one, something is wrong here. I've talked to the principal and he obviously has his own agenda. I hate to leave after putting so much into it but that's the choice we're left with.
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 13, 2015
I'm not sure what has happened at this school but it really never became what it was built up to be. I think administrators have great intentions but have pushed poorly communicated agendas too hard and failed to understand the unique aspects of the population they serve. My family has been very disappointed and are glad this is our last year here.
3 people found this helpful

Posted December 29, 2014
The staff and administrators of our school will eagerly show you how different our school is. And it is very different from most schools. But when you visit ask them how they are measuring effectiveness. What they describe as "innovative" is really just "different" because they have no real idea what's working and what isn't. Ask them for a copy of their last independent evaluation. Ask them for statistically valid stats. They can't provide them. There's no plan here--it's just a program of ideas cobbled together and presented as innovative to advance some careers. We have been supremely disappointed in our last couple years here.
4 people found this helpful

Waukesha Stem Academy 2

Posted December 07, 2014
As you can see from the reviews people either love or hate this school. If you are thinking about applying listen very, very carefully when you go to the "sales pitch" they give to sell you this school. You'll be told that this is an optimal learning environment that is tailored to every kid so each and every child reaches their potential. DON'T BUY IT! This school is appropriate for maybe 50% of kids out there and I'm being generous. We have two kids here, we hate it, and feel like we were sold a school that doesn't exist. The principals and board couldn't care less what parents think. You will constantly have "innovation" rammed down your throat even though they can provide no evidence any of it is effective. The good school scores are because this is an upper-income school with hand-picked teachers, not because of the "innovation" that's happening.
8 people found this helpful

Posted November 18, 2014
We just moved to the area and my son is in his 3rd month of school at the Randall campus. My son has never told me that he loves school before now. He was sick yesterday and still wanted to try to go to school. At his last school it was so hard to even get him out the door in the morning. My son is happy, that's what really matters to me.
2 people found this helpful

Waukesha Stem Academy
114 South Charles Street, Waukesha, WI  53186
Last modified Waukesha Stem Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waukesha Stem Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top