Bad
Good

McKinley is an absolutely wonderful school with dedicated, terrific teachers, a warm and welcoming environment lead by a caring, talented principal and great supporting staff, and topped off with very involved, caring parents. All of this leads to happy, accomplished students who grow into accomplished young ladies and men. My daughter has been there since 1st grade and is now in 5th. We don't want to say goodbye to McKinley. A very special place.

We moved into the neighborhood because we liked our house but were pleasantly surprised to find out what an amazing school McKinley is. The teachers are great and seem to enjoy the school as well because they stay a long time. The principal is doing a great job and you can tell he truly cares about the children and teachers. And, the amount of information my sons are learning is impressive. We are truly lucky to have such a phenomenal school in our neighborhood. Thank you McKinley!

McKinley is a good school but it is not great academically speaking. Over the past 6 years the number of chidren performing at grade leveling seems to be declining. This was not the case previously as I compare how my older children performed when attending this elementary school. Very little individualized or one-on-one attention for students.

I am a parent of a fourth grader and first grader and our family couldn't be more pleased with the overall McKinley experience. We are so fortunate to have such an amazing principal, teaching staff and parental support, which together creates an extremely positive educational foundation for its students.

I am a teacher at McKinley for my 8th year now. I LOVE the students who come into our building year after year. The parents are kind, giving, and truly value education - which, in turn, helps us as educators to get the material across in a timely manner. And, we have fun doing it! :) McKinley is an amazing place to teach, to learn, and to grow...

I am a past parent of the school. We had to recently move out of the district. I miss McKinley and the awesome principal Mark Carter and his lovely front desk staff especially Mrs. Winters. Also the phy Ed teacher Mr. Good is just a wonderful inspiring teacher My kids actually cried because they do not like the new schools phy ed class at all ! I always felt wanted and cared about at McKinley. I will never forget how great all the teachers and staff were. I definatly know now how hard it is to find a 'Great' school. McKinley and Mr. Carter truly are great.

McKinley is an excellent school with outstanding parent involvement. The teachers and principle have a sincere interest in each student and welcome interaction with parents. My son loves going to school, loves his teacher and has made wonderful friendships. It is truly a 'neighborhood school' - the playgrounds are packed with students and parents before and after school as well as on the weekends. I look forward to sending my second son here in a few years.

Wonderful school - would highly recommend.

Last modified McKinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.