Wauwatosa, WI

Posted September 02, 2014
Washington is a fabulous school! Very caring staff, my family recently suffered a great tragedy and the school was above and beyond supportive during a very difficult time.

Posted June 20, 2012
My daughter attends Washington School and the teachers are excellent, as are the principal and families in the area. The PTA is active and well organized and the school lessons are well structured for high achievement.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted August 17, 2011
Washington Elementary has some very caring teachers and staff. The teachers go out of there way to make the learning environment a nurturing and caring place for kids to learn. On the flip side there is a male teacher that appears to have little to no understanding of professional standards of teaching. This teacher uses his status as a teacher to make advances towards females. Despite this one bad apple, Washington has much to offer. It's ashame that one teacher can impact a school so negative.

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted December 29, 2010
My children attend this school and overall, it's been "good." The principal is very popular with the students and works very hard to maintain a positive learning environment. Many of the teachers and support staff are first rate, diligent and hard working! On the downside, however, the first grade teachers are not on the same page and frankly, one of them regularly exhibits an unprofessional, negative attitude towards the students and their parents. But one rotten apple should not be allowed to spoil what is overall, a very nice neighborhood school.

Posted October 27, 2010
All our school-age children go to Washington and we have been very pleased. The principal is excellent; he maintains discipline with a good balance of caring and correction, and knows the children well. The K4 teacher we had was really great. Most of the parents of neighborhood kids walk their kids to school and we often spend time at the playground after school hanging out. Academics are sound. They offer extra electives, and have events that are well attended like a Father-Daughter dance and so on. All the Tosa schools are excellent to be sure, but we are very happy with Washington.

Posted July 29, 2010
As a grandparent of 3 students attending Washington -- and a principal myself -- I am VERY pleased with the school. The staff is on top of what is best for EACH child and meets the needs of and challenges each child. What one of your reviewers called "fluff," I call readying a child for school. The K4 teacher my grandchildren had was remarkable -- I sat in on one of her classes and was amazed as to how well she knew what each child was doing and assured that each child completed each "station" in her room for the day. My daughter loves the family atmosphere and always feels welcomed when in the building. In fact, this school is one reason she is keeping her family in Wauwatosa rather than moving to a larger home in a suburban area!

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2009
I am a teacher in another district (elementary) and am not impressed with Washington at all. The climate isn't too friendly and the staff don't seem to work together. The principal is very hands off. Their K5 program isn't too academic, kids spend lots of time coloring, playing and what we teachers call 'fluff' time (worksheets, etc). We are going to move because of the school. There are other Tosa schools that are better (Roosevelt for one).

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted November 21, 2008
We have been very pleased with this school. My daughter is reading a few grade levels ahead and they have been able to keep her challenged. I like the casual atmosphere and openness of the faculty. The principal also is great- very involved and seems to know most kids by name. All the kids just love him. As a parent I feel welcome to help out in the classroom. The teachers are very knowledgeable and use best current practices in teaching.

Posted October 13, 2008
I am very happy with the education my child is getting here. The staff are all caring, helpful, and feel like an extended family. High standards and a great principal also make this an excellent choice.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted August 08, 2007
This school is ok. It has some very good teachers. It just always felt like folks were at odds with each other here - staff, kids, administration.

Washington Elementary School
2166 N 68th St, Wauwatosa, WI  53213
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top