PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child transitioned seamlessly from the public school system to Our Redeemer.  They helped us every step of the way!  They truly DO care about every single child in attendance.  My child has specific learning disabilities and I was hesitant at first with sending him to a private school.  I was always under the impression that the appropriate services for him would be lacking and that we would be back to square one. My concerns were totally unfounded.  Lutheran Special Schools Services at ORLS have exceeded my expectations.  My child is currently enrolled in fifth grade at ORLS. I am ECSTATIC to report that my child has gone from reading and writing at the first grade level in the public school to fourth grade level within one school year.  Also, his faith has exploded which is important to me.  Three more reasons I would recommend this learning institution:  The class sizes are small with very low student to teacher ratios.  They maintain a strict adherence to their anti-bullying policies.  Extremely open lines of communication between Administration/Faculty and families.  I cannot recommend this school highly enough!

We have had the pleasure of sending our 3 children to Our Redeemer Lutheran School. Why have we done this? We have done this because we believe in the school and all that they teach and represent. The staff at OR truly cares about the personal, religious and educational growth of each child in their care. This is easy to see in the way that they interact with the students each and every day. We literally drive 35-45 minutes, one way, every day to bring our children to OR. I believe that a quality education is one of the most important things we can do for our children. I know they receive this, and so much more, at Our Redeemer.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school is a fake with no sense of integrity . They only care about their image

My daughter is beginning the Middle School Program at Our Redeemer. We have been a part of the OR program since she was in Kindergarten. She has received an exemplary education in an environment that is conducive to learning while being comfortable and inviting. Respect for others has always been the focus of her classrooms and being a part of the Our Redeemer community has helped her grow into a young woman that cares about herself and the people around her. She has a well rounded education that is superior both academically and spiritually. The staff at OR has always been willing to work with our family to ensure that her education challenges her and in my opinion helps her to excel and become a stronger student. Parent / Teacher communication is extremely important to me and I have always been comfortable speaking to her teachers and I have seen them look at my child as an individual and make her education one that works for her. While being a part of the OR family we have been part of a group of students, teachers, administrators and families that support each other. We are blessed to be a part of this group and I am grateful that my family has seen so many people come together to support each other and the community around us. We are glad to be a part of a program that welcomes us and opens their hearts, minds and arms to others who want a quality education.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I feel the teachers at this time, which I can speak for 2nd and 3rd grade, really take the time to reach out to the kids. They not only teach, but also show them love.

Our Redeemer has surpassed our expectations for educating our daughter who is currently enrolled in 5K. You know something is going right when your child gets in the car day after day and says, "I loved school today!" We are thrilled that Our Redeemer still offers a 1/2 day kindergarten option as we firmly believe that all day at this age is simply too much for children. Our daughter has grown so much during this year already. O.R. has a wonderful personal touch that meets the children where they are and challenges them from that place. This allows all children, no matter where they are, to feel successful in their accomplishments. The faith based education is wonderful, and is incorporated into the curriculum in a seamless manner that makes it simply a natural part of learning. We are also pleased with the music education, starting in 4K, that O.R. offers. It is a class that our daughter looks forward to every week. Lastly, for those who are interested, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in the school from PTL, to helping in the classroom, to being a reader in the library, which allows for a deeper connection to the school and other parents.

My son is currently enrolled in the 3K program at Our Redeemer. From our first visit to Our Redeemer, my wife and I knew it was a special place. All of the classroom doors were open so we stopped to listen. We didn't see kids being "lectured to"; instead the kids were actively involved in discussions. Their Early Childhood program isn't a glorified daycare. They teach my son concepts in Science and Math through fun and entertaining methods. He has learned how some things absorb while other things dissolve in liquid. Our mouths dropped open when he spilled milk at home and said - "we need something to absorb it!" I certainly wasn't expecting that from a 3 year old - especially my 3 year old. But most importantly, he is being guided in his walk with Jesus on a regular and meaningful basis. That first impression has been reinforced to me every day since. Every time I walk through the doors, a student is holding the door open for me or thanking me for holding the door open for them. It is a place with caring administrators, teachers who provide meaning beyond knowledge in their lessons, and students that demonstrate the effect of an excellent Christian academic atmosphere.

I want to thank Mary Irish, the Principle of Our Redeemer Lutheran School in Wauwatosa, WI sooooo very much for all she has done. Mrs. Irish took the time to open her kind heart, listen, care, she showed empathy, and understood my hardship I had to sadly endure in 2013. In 2013 I lost both my father and only sibling. My father died from a Pulmonary Embolism due to surgery complications and 90 days later my sister was on her motorcycle which she was hit and killed by an individual under the influence while operating a motor vehicle. I was off from work a little over 6 months of the year, my finances got the best of me, and trying to deal with emotional set back was not easy. When it came to my daughter s education I was not worried because Mrs. Irish made me feel at ease. Those were the most horrible events I had to experience thus far in my 29 years of life. Mrs. Irish deserve the Blue Ribbon recognition and whatever recognition there is to give, because she does her job well in keeping the school in order and making others feel welcomed. So again I want to thank Mary Irish for all the love, support, and most of all not allowing my daughter be a child who is left behind!!

Our three children have gone through Our Redeemer, and their national test scores are off the charts - then we noticed it wasn't hereditary (because the whole school has high scores), it was the exceptional education they were (and are) given at ORLS. Our Redeemer received a National Blue Ribbon School award this year, and rather than rest easy on their accolades, they continue to look for ways to improve. The part we love the most about ORLS is that the faculty and staff clearly show their love for Jesus in how they interact with students, parents, church members, and each other. Our children now know that God has a unique plan for each of their lives, and ORLS has prepared them to meet the challenges of carrying out His plan. We cannot say enough of how blessed we feel to have found this school (and church)! We would encourage any parents looking for a great Christ-centered school in the Milwaukee area to check out Our Redeemer before making a decision. You'll be glad you did! They have a cool website too: orlctosa.org Congratulations and THANK YOU Our Redeemer for the blessing you are to our family - it's nice to see rest of the country recognize what we already knew!

Our Redeemer Lutheran is a United States Department of Education National Blue Ribbon School 2013 and offers Christ-centered academics in a family atmosphere. What a blessing this school has been to so many families seeking the best education possible.

Last modified Our Redeemer Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8