Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 25, 2016
I feel that schools could give more homework in general. However, most families do not follow up on helping the teachers with this part of their children's education. It is not helpful for my child to come into class with their homework completed while other children do not and then the teacher has to go over the work that should have been done at home. I feel a bit more at home work would be great but this is not a school or teacher problem this is a parenting problem. Parents need to be also responsible for their child's education in a way that the schools can count on.

Posted January 25, 2016
We have a 6th grader in Frank Lloyd Wright School. We have had a great experience so far. The teachers have been very responsive and approachable. I feel the education has been challenging for my child. He is learning at an advanced level and they continue to push him further at an appropriate pace. He has worked on special projects and involved in extra curricular activities. Both at the encouragement of the teachers and staff of the school. When we have concerns of any kind I feel that we as parents have been listened to and advised to help in our child's education. It is a large school with a small school feel.

Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate School 1

Posted January 08, 2016
I am so disappointed with this school and the West Allis School district. As you see the rating is a 3 (based on test scores) and it should be much lower! My daughter is a straight A student has very high test scores, due to all of the work I have done over the last 10 years at home with her, and will be transfering to a private school. She does not get homework (due to the policy of the school) and the environment in the classrooms and hallways is ridiculous. I warn all involved and concerned parents... do not send your children to this school. There is a culture of acceptance here, not a positive acceptance but a look the other way and just accept it, and it is sad.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 08, 2016
This school does not develop or encourage anything for these students except laziness, passing the buck, and you can do what ever you can get away with. The new principal seems better than the last but he has a tough job ahead of him and it will take years to get this school to be worthy of any students other than delinquents.

Posted January 23, 2015
I'm a student here and I'm in 8th grade as of now. All throughout elementary it was terrible and a very bully filled environment. But when I came to flw in 6th grade I felt very welcome and accepted. Although I believe our principal could be more involved, I really do like my school and the environment. There will always be problems but most teachers here listen and give positive feedback and help for home and school problems. If your child is transitioning into middle school, send them here. This school is better academically and has a better environment than the other two. Go wildcats! Hu-rah!

Posted June 15, 2013
Im a student that goes to Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate, and I'm sick of everyone telling me the school is horrible. The learning enviorment is nice, you have those bad kids her and there but thats normal for all school. The teachers are nice,helpful and do have alot of parent involvement. My parents know about everything. Im entering the 8th grade after this summer of 2013 and super excited to keep going to FLW! I love everything their. So those of you talking badly about my school get your facts straight before you start talking cause frank lloyd wright may not be the best school ever but its awesome and i love it.

Posted June 01, 2012
My son is in sixth grade, and it has been wonderful. His teachers are creative and solid, helping with organizational skills and improvements. They keep him engaged when he needs to move ahead in subjects. They communicate well on the parent portal, so we can help him keep up with his assignments. They push him in P.E. and in the sports programs. The music is time-consuming, but worth the effort. We are all very happy with FLW school !!!

Posted March 05, 2010
With the exception of some solidly terrific teachers and case-managers, we are solely disappointed with our FLW experience. Heaven help you if you have a special needs child that must attend FLW ~ be prepared for very little support or respect from the main office.

Posted September 16, 2009
My child is now in 7th grade and the transition to middle school has been great this year. She has a wonderful instructor this year that is feeding her passions in life. Someone that is letting her know that it is cool to have high goals and that it IS achievable.

Posted March 26, 2008
I am a parent of a seventh grade student and he is enjoying the middle school experience. I have been able to volunteer for a few class events and have found the students to do pleasant and respectful. The teachers and staff have not given us any reason to question their ability. I have only met our new principal twice but I have heard good things about him. SO FAR SO GREAT!

9501 West Cleveland Avenue, West Allis, WI  53227
Last modified Frank Lloyd Wright Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.