Bad
Good

The staff is extremely responsive to my concerns. The principal is always available to address any questions we might have. The school is piloting a STEAM learning initiative that will make it an even more incredible place for kids to learn.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My children are given additional support in areas where they need it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Take Off Time Assembly creates a sense of community and pride among the students and staff.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is relevant to what is going on in the classroom. Reading is strongly encouraged, which is critical for students at this age.

Mitchell is such a great school! My son was struggling and every year they have given both of my boys the help they need. They are so involved with parents and staff. I couldn't ask for a better school for my boys! Thank you Mitchell!!

O my mitchell is a awesome school I love how the whole school gets involved with the children and parents . It is a warm and loving school I wish my child went last year

I love Mitchell. The staff and administration are always there to welcome you and encourage you to help out at the school, stop by, and provide resources for your child to continue to grow. In coming to this school last year from another area school it felt like we finally came home. My son and daughter love it here, they are happy to learn and grow and develop lasting friendships. My daughter was one of the only ones reading at her reading level in her class and her teacher continued to support, encourage, and find appropriate peers to keep challenging her in her reading. I would recommend this school to anyone in the area! Definite quality! :)

My son has attended Mitchell since 4K and is now a fifth grader. My son and I have had a wonderful experience overall! Since we have been enrolled we have had two different principles and have been more than satisfied with both. They both had different approaches and personalities but worked equally as hard to assure Mitchell sets up each child individually and assures their success in each program they are in. They assess each child's progress and continue to seek out challenges for their children. The teachers have been awesome! I have very little complaints in that area at all. My son has always made it known every year his new favorite teacher is his current - even when challenged and reprimanded, he always knew that it was for his own good and never held a grudge! The teachers always followed through in an appropriate respectful manner.The only suggestion I have to the teachers and staff is free flowing line of communication at all times. I know this can be quiet difficult but I feel there have been times important dates, meetings, gatherings, activities, ect. have not been communicated fully. I like that they now have an auto message service calling with some updates!

My son has attended Mitchell for 2 years now, and had a wonderful experience. Teachers were able to find the best way to act and react to all kids, levels, and behavioral issues. As a working parent, I felt a lot of pressure to participate at teh school more than my schedule allowed, but I volunteered as much as possible. My son found the Camp Upham trip to be amazing.

Mitchell is a very inviting school! Parent volunteers are always welcome in the school. It is a great place to be!

Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.