Posted April 28, 2014
Mitchell is such a great school! My son was struggling and every year they have given both of my boys the help they need. They are so involved with parents and staff. I couldn't ask for a better school for my boys! Thank you Mitchell!!

Posted October 01, 2013
O my mitchell is a awesome school I love how the whole school gets involved with the children and parents . It is a warm and loving school I wish my child went last year

Posted August 07, 2012
I love Mitchell. The staff and administration are always there to welcome you and encourage you to help out at the school, stop by, and provide resources for your child to continue to grow. In coming to this school last year from another area school it felt like we finally came home. My son and daughter love it here, they are happy to learn and grow and develop lasting friendships. My daughter was one of the only ones reading at her reading level in her class and her teacher continued to support, encourage, and find appropriate peers to keep challenging her in her reading. I would recommend this school to anyone in the area! Definite quality! :)

Mitchell Elementary School 4

Posted January 21, 2012
My son has attended Mitchell since 4K and is now a fifth grader. My son and I have had a wonderful experience overall! Since we have been enrolled we have had two different principles and have been more than satisfied with both. They both had different approaches and personalities but worked equally as hard to assure Mitchell sets up each child individually and assures their success in each program they are in. They assess each child's progress and continue to seek out challenges for their children. The teachers have been awesome! I have very little complaints in that area at all. My son has always made it known every year his new favorite teacher is his current - even when challenged and reprimanded, he always knew that it was for his own good and never held a grudge! The teachers always followed through in an appropriate respectful manner.The only suggestion I have to the teachers and staff is free flowing line of communication at all times. I know this can be quiet difficult but I feel there have been times important dates, meetings, gatherings, activities, ect. have not been communicated fully. I like that they now have an auto message service calling with some updates!

Posted June 15, 2011
My son has attended Mitchell for 2 years now, and had a wonderful experience. Teachers were able to find the best way to act and react to all kids, levels, and behavioral issues. As a working parent, I felt a lot of pressure to participate at teh school more than my schedule allowed, but I volunteered as much as possible. My son found the Camp Upham trip to be amazing.

Mitchell Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
Mitchell is a very inviting school! Parent volunteers are always welcome in the school. It is a great place to be!

Mitchell Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2008
I am an active parent at the school and with extra curricular activities. I am very disappointed in the inconsistency of the effective teachers at Mitchell. My child had wonderful K-4 and K-5 teachers, but that stopped in the 1st grade. The discipline for behavior is inconsistant, education time is taken away with a non-educational movie shown in the classroom every week, and there is insufficient supervision outdoors. While most staff appear friendly, times have shown some rudeness to children. After leaving the principal a message, my call was never returned. My child is not attending Mitchell, but I do hope efforts increase to improve many aspects of this school.

Mitchell Elementary School 0

Posted September 22, 2007
I am an active parent in the PTA, as well as in the school. I feel that both of my children have/are receivng an excellent education at Mitchell. The teaching staff and principal are easy to talk to and have impressive ideas for making the classroom 'fun' learning environment. Any question or concern I have had has been answered promptly. The staff (from our secretaries, lunchroom staff, custodian, teachers ,principal, PTA and parent volunteers)have created safe learning environment for our children!!!

Posted May 30, 2007

Posted April 20, 2006
I have 2 children at Mitchell and have been extremely happy with our experience so far. The teachers are incredible and regularly go above and beyond in caring for the kids. Everyone from the principle to the office staff to the instructors are always eager and willing to answer a question, listen to an issue or offer help/advice.

Mitchell Elementary School
10125 W Montana Ave, West Allis, WI  53227
Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mitchell Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top