School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am proud to be a part of a school where we really do put children first. Our dedicated teaching staff has celebrated both academic and behavioral accomplishments during the past several years. We have been recognized by the State of Wisconsin as a School of Recognition for academic performance against the odds for the past three years. We have been recognized as a PBIS School of Merit for our school wide behavioral plan and the emphasis that we place on teaching our students to make good choices. We celebrate our cultural diversity and the support and involvement of our school community.
January 12, 2014

Bad
Good

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2014
My daughter attended this school from pre-kindegarten to first grade The only reason she is no longer attending the school, is because we moved out of state. If I could have taken this school, staff and community with me to my new state, I would have done so in a heartbeat. Mrs. Wall did an excellent job at bringing up the performance of this school as she promised. She is a very effective communicator and really listens to the needs and concerns of her students and parents respectively. She really cares about the students, this community and sphere headed some innovative tactics to make this an award-winning school. The use of technology, the attentiveness to each family/child/the community and the quality of the education there really impressed me. The staff and teachers are some of the most caring educators I have come across. They were all about communication and acting in best interest of the children. includes the after-school SAFE volunteers.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 12, 2014

Posted January 11, 2014
My son has attended Jefferson for 6 years and loves the school. He had an IEP for speech and the speech pathologist there was fantastic. I was surprised by the quick progress she made with him and subsequently the great friendships he was able to make. The teachers are very involved with the parents through phone, emails, blogs and notes home. The couple of times I had concerns they were promptly addressed. Often times the children are with the same teacher 2 years in a row so they already know the expectations of them. Mrs. Worden is by far the best teacher ever. She has a perfect balance of appreciating children's energy and imagination while teaching them expectations of good behavior through conversations getting them to think of the consequences of their actions (not necessarily punishment). West Allis also provides an after school program (SAFE) at a VERY reasonable cost where the kids can do their homework or burn off the energy that has been building all day.

Posted October 20, 2013
Jefferson Elementary is an awesome school. My daughter attended Country Dale Franklin Elementary for K5, 1st grade and second grade. But she always seemed to be behind in more than one subject, which had me very concerned. We choose to move and she has been in Jefferson for 3 years now! She is a straight A student, plays the clarinet, Viola in the orchestra and is Cadet for the Kindergarteners. She loves the school and made so many Friends. They have amazing teachers. So you can say I'm One Proud MOM!! :)

Posted March 15, 2013
The parent involvement at this school is second to none. The teachers at Jefferson School receive professional development on a regular basis and they are always coming up with new ideas to reach all students. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2012
I will edit my March 2012 responce...... HE IS GONE! :) My son has never been happier and really likes the new teacher that treats him with respect and courtesy. Glad the one negetive thing about Jefferson has changed

Posted June 30, 2011
We moved here last school year from North Carolina and we are so very pleased with the school. The staff here is great. They have great projects the kids are in involved in. My daughter did have some trouble with a fellow classmate, and these things are going to happen, but the school handled it in a timely and got the situation under control. One thing that always impresses me is the teachers will know my kids by name and say hello in the hallway even if they aren't in their class or grade! My kids love it there and I am completely satisfied with the activities and schoolwork they are involved in. Also, great parental involvement!

Jefferson Elementary School

Posted October 09, 2009
I love Jefferson school because all of the teachers go out of their way to help each child. They look at each child as an individual and work to meet that individual's needs. The school also has many great activities and great parent involvement.

Posted May 07, 2007
Our children attended Jefferson Elementary for 6 years, until we moved to Florida. We were extremely pleased with the school, staff, programs, and curriculum! When we did encounter problems with our kids, the teachers and staff always communicated in a timely and satisfactory manner. The kids enjoyed many enrichment activities and special classes, and all three of our kids always looked forwarded to going to school! Now we are able to compare Jefferson Elem to schools here in Florida, and we realize how lucky they were to attend such a great school. Our two oldest have also stated that class material was more challenging and interesting at Jefferson, and they feel the students here are 'behind'. Our family would recommend Jefferson Elementary to everyone, from 4K through 6th grade, without hesitation!

Posted August 06, 2006
My son goes to Jefferson School. He went to two other schools before third grade. In each of these schools they cared more about test scores than children, and more about gifted and talented children than average students. At Jefferson, the teachers actually 'teach', that is, they make sure that each child progesses in all academic areas, whatever his or her abilities are. Jefferson is a rare school, with a Principal who sets the tone and is a true leader in education. As a playground monitor I have observed that children seem to be very happy at Jefferson. Parent involvement is low, which probably reflects the large portion of working class parents. There is an excellent art and music program, with Suzuki violin starting I think in 1st grade. It is also a Sage school, with 15 students maximum per classroom through 3rd grade. Overall, Jefferson is an unusually good school.

Jefferson Elementary School
7229 W Becher St, West Allis, WI  53219
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.