West Bend, WI
Before care: Yes

Posted November 22, 2014
I have two children in the school. Both of them love school and their teachers! This school allows children to grow in their faith while learning how to become active citizens in their community. The teachers are great role models for the kids. There hasn't been a day that they did not want to go to school. They look forward to school, to learn about Christ, and to have fun with their friends. Many programs are offered for kids: pioneers, choir, piano lessons, Spanish club, hand bells, and many sports. I feel that all kids receive a well rounded education in the light of the love of Christ.

Posted November 18, 2010
I had three children graduate from Good Shepherd. All three were well prepared for high school and the challenges of further education. Yes, there were things I would like to have seen done differently, but teachers were willing to listen to my concerns and help me understand their viewpoint. At the same time, the teachers tried to understand my viewpoint on things. I would not hesitate to recommend Good Shepherd to anyone. It is a Christ-centered school that tries to meet the needs of all children.

Posted May 05, 2009

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 4

Posted April 26, 2009
I have two children in the lower grades at Good Shepherd. My third child will be starting preschool in the fall. I feel that my children are both receiving a quality Christ centered education. Do I agree with every decision made by each teacher each day? No. Are there things I would like to see changed? Yes. But that is true at any school and if we are honest, in each of our homes as well. There is always room for improvement! I feel confident that Good Shepherd as a whole has the best interest of each child in mind. They have shown me that they are open to suggestions and strive to prepare each child 'For life and for etenity.'

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 0

Posted February 12, 2009
In our experience two years ago, the teachers have no tolerance or patience for any child who struggles with the work they're given to do. They are expected to just understand right away and not given time to learn...if they struggle to understand, they're treated with indifference and as a bother! The teachers/school is blind to this, but it is true. We watched our child struggle every day worried that he 'won't do school good today' and cry, the same child who loved preschool. His spirit was broken by people who offered no encouragement. They bring shame to the name of Christ...it has only been through prayer that his spirit was restored and the shine came back in his eyes! Teachers have a huge emotional impact, please think twice...

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 0

Posted December 03, 2008
My 8 year old will be going to a different school as soon as possible. There is one teacher in particular that has done nothing but argue with my husband and I since day one, but to top it off she has made it very difficult for my child to learn and enjoy her young life and education. There is little to no extra help and if your child needs that this is not the school for them. This school wants the children to be robots and all fit in one box, no differences. My child has been put in way to many adult conversations and put in situations that she never should have been, by this one teacher. This one teacher time and time again neglects to encourage or even help my child when they cant figure something out.

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 2

Posted April 18, 2006
They do not make learning fun for the kids therefore, my child doesn't like school. I think it's important to make learning fun for young children. Also, I have experienced very poor parent-teacher communication. They do not like to see alot of parent involvement in their childs studies. They like to see children do things independently instead of bringing work home. Not much is offered in the art department and they don't get into music until upper grades. If you are looking for a stuffy environment than Good Shepherd might be worth a try for you. I don't have many nice things to say which is why I'm taking my child out of this school.

Posted March 06, 2006
My background is that I have taught in both the private and public schools. I find the quality of the academic program are excellant and Christian based. My granddaughter has grown academically, socially, and in her faith in God. She amazes me with her leadership ability which has been nurtured with everyone of the teachers there. This school is more than a school, it is a family.

Good Shepherd Lutheran School
777 South Indiana Avenue, West Bend, WI  53095
Last modified Good Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Good Shepherd Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top