Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

WMIS is superb! My daughter was nervous about starting middle school and that has all vanished. The teachers and other staff at WMIS made the transition for both my daughter and myself a breeze. The staff communicates effectively and keeps me up-to-date on classroom activities. My daughter LOVES going to school because she loves her classes and teachers. The staff works hard to keep structured, productive classrooms. The after school activities make it possible for students of all interest levels to get involved. I am a PROUD West Milwaukee Intermediate Parent!! Thank you for providing my student with all the best on her educational journey!!

Amount of homework: Disagree

What homework? The teachers say they can't give it because of they can't grade it because of the new policy. So they won't be sending any home. I asked several times for homework and was told my his math teacher to just look at his notebook and make up problems.

My son went here for 2 years and I put him into flw (a great school), but not until he was bullied, verbally and physically harassed, and neglected. This school looks great from the outside, but inside, the children aren't disciplined and have no order. They are all wild and unintelligent. This school is racially biased as well. There are gang affiliations and my son started talking like a thug to fit in. Such as : "why is you bein like that" "is you crazy" "lemme get some dinner". He became very disrespectful and this school gets a negative 5 from me.

this is my favorite school ever i just went to this school this year but had to switch miss all the teachers. the teachers would help you what you needed help with. you improve way better at that school cause they give you all the help... miss all you guys at west milwaukee <3 <3 <3 from ALEXIA WALKER

What do I think of this school? It is a very good school. I am an 8th grader currently attending WMIS. My teachers help me strive for excellence and proficiency. The principal Mr. Taylor is great. He really tries to interact with the students and have fun with them. The teachers are very friendly and are always willing to help. The staff/faculty members really try to help you succeed and prepare for life. West Milwaukee Intermediate School is very welcoming and friendly and I personally recommend it.

I would give this school a negative 2 rating if it were offered. The student body seems to consist of children effected by ghetto influence and gangster bias... Parent involvement with the pre-teens and teens is mostly mia. No homework is ever given... Not sure how this school prepares children for high school or college. Very, very disappointed.

My daughter just entered WMIS this year in the sixth grade. Honestly, I have little ones at the elementary school and I'm not as involved with this school as I would like to be so I feel out of touch because there is a lack of communication. I only hear something IF my child does something wrong. I don't like that. Unfortunately, I believe the responsibility is on the student for keeping us in the loop as to what is coming up or happening at school and my girl is not good with that all of the time. I do LOVE that the ART TEACHER sends home post cards on occassion to say that my daughter has been doing super. That means a lot. My daughter is in NxGL and it seems to be working for her, I'm impressed with that learning concept. I think the school is good from what I can tell, our second school family..

These teachers are awesome they know to teach us while having funn:)im headed into 7th grade.Last year we had sooo much fun.The teahcers are great:)But this year Mr.Borland is going to be a principal at Nathan Hale High School.This Year we have a new principal named Mr.Taylor from Frank Lloyd Wright.Hope this year goes as well as last year:)

They have a new Principal for this school year and he is awesome. He is all about what is best for his students. watch this school soar in it's ratings.

I go to this school. Ive been going since there for 2 years. It was better last year i didnt have a good social studies teacher, never learned anything just focussed on reading. I had social studies language arts and reading in one big class and never did anything but reading. Math was good, band was good, almost every class was good but the fighting and the ridiculous drama was terrible. The principal did nothing about anything. Just sent it to vice principal. This year is much better to me. Although i dont have a lot of classes with my friends i still have more learning time in social studies and harder math. I skipped pre-algebra and went right algebra. I love having a challenge in algebra. No i have a class for each subject. It is stupid to have 3 locker changes wen im goin to high school next year

Last modified West Milwaukee Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.