West Milwaukee Intermediate School 4

Posted December 12, 2013
What do I think of this school? It is a very good school. I am an 8th grader currently attending WMIS. My teachers help me strive for excellence and proficiency. The principal Mr. Taylor is great. He really tries to interact with the students and have fun with them. The teachers are very friendly and are always willing to help. The staff/faculty members really try to help you succeed and prepare for life. West Milwaukee Intermediate School is very welcoming and friendly and I personally recommend it.

West Milwaukee Intermediate School 1

Posted August 12, 2013
I would give this school a negative 2 rating if it were offered. The student body seems to consist of children effected by ghetto influence and gangster bias... Parent involvement with the pre-teens and teens is mostly mia. No homework is ever given... Not sure how this school prepares children for high school or college. Very, very disappointed.

West Milwaukee Intermediate School 3

Posted May 23, 2013
My daughter just entered WMIS this year in the sixth grade. Honestly, I have little ones at the elementary school and I'm not as involved with this school as I would like to be so I feel out of touch because there is a lack of communication. I only hear something IF my child does something wrong. I don't like that. Unfortunately, I believe the responsibility is on the student for keeping us in the loop as to what is coming up or happening at school and my girl is not good with that all of the time. I do LOVE that the ART TEACHER sends home post cards on occassion to say that my daughter has been doing super. That means a lot. My daughter is in NxGL and it seems to be working for her, I'm impressed with that learning concept. I think the school is good from what I can tell, our second school family..

West Milwaukee Intermediate School 5

Posted August 20, 2010
These teachers are awesome they know to teach us while having funn:)im headed into 7th grade.Last year we had sooo much fun.The teahcers are great:)But this year Mr.Borland is going to be a principal at Nathan Hale High School.This Year we have a new principal named Mr.Taylor from Frank Lloyd Wright.Hope this year goes as well as last year:)

West Milwaukee Intermediate School 5

Posted August 12, 2010
They have a new Principal for this school year and he is awesome. He is all about what is best for his students. watch this school soar in it's ratings.

West Milwaukee Intermediate School 3

Posted November 20, 2009
I go to this school. Ive been going since there for 2 years. It was better last year i didnt have a good social studies teacher, never learned anything just focussed on reading. I had social studies language arts and reading in one big class and never did anything but reading. Math was good, band was good, almost every class was good but the fighting and the ridiculous drama was terrible. The principal did nothing about anything. Just sent it to vice principal. This year is much better to me. Although i dont have a lot of classes with my friends i still have more learning time in social studies and harder math. I skipped pre-algebra and went right algebra. I love having a challenge in algebra. No i have a class for each subject. It is stupid to have 3 locker changes wen im goin to high school next year

West Milwaukee Intermediate School 2

Posted August 26, 2009

West Milwaukee Intermediate School 1

Posted July 01, 2009

West Milwaukee Intermediate School 0

Posted February 16, 2009
I have two kids that go to this school, both moved from Longfellow elementary. My son the 6th grader has adjusted for the most part pretty well to the move the middle school, however I am not feeling that all of the staff has adjusted as well. I am not finding that the lines of communication are open nearly as well with the 6th grade teachers, as they were with the staff from the previous year. I hope this changes for the sake of our student, parents, and of course the staff molding the minds of our young children.

West Milwaukee Intermediate School 2

Posted December 13, 2007
I have two sons attending this school. I get responses and feedback from the involved faculty on my every concern! My suggestions and accomodation requests are met with open-minded attitudes from all faculty.

West Milwaukee Intermediate School
5104 W Greenfield Ave, West Milwaukee, WI  53214
Last modified West Milwaukee Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Milwaukee Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top