Bad
Good

I feel like we at Pershing are a family. This is my second review since starting at Pershing in 2007. My twins started 5K this year at Pershing and I have to say that the school is holding up to all of my expectations. The staff go above and beyond ALWAYS. It's been clear to me from day one that there number one concern is my children's education. They are kind and compassionate team. Myself and my children will remain forever greatful to our Pershing family for all of their support and efforts. I hold very much pride in this school.

I am sooo extremely dissapointed in the principle & some teachers at this school. I have a 19 yr old who excelled @ this school. The principle they had before was phenomenal, but unfortunately for our kids she retired. The school has gone down hill since. The principle is overcellous, irrational, makes no attempts to get to know his students or their parents- it's sad. My 8 yr old & I are currently on a waiting list for a new district. It's heartbreaking to see a loving well ran school struggling with out of control bullying & insensitive teachers. So many great teachers have left Pershing and we know why! The PTA is ran by clique parents who always seem to "loose" money. If only great principles never had to retire! It feels like the school retired too......

The teachers at this school go above and beyond any I have ever met! I have been in the educational field for more than twenty years and these teachers ot only care about academics but each child as an individual. The principal is doing better! he is new but needs to get to know both children and parents better!

The teachers try to make a good school for the kids but with the new leadership this past year it just can not happen. So many bad things happened that I have pulled my kids from the school and if the new school is not any better (it can not be worse) I will pull the from the district.

I love the teachers and the PTA is one of the best but the school board needs to remove this principal. She just does not know what she is doing!

The teachers here are great!! The Principal leadership this year is something else!!!!(thats not in a good way either!!) I feel the teachers listen to you and your childs needs and concerns...The principal is another story..I'm not impressed this year with the lack of principal leadership skills!!

I have two children who attended Pershing, my daughter was 4th - 6th grades and my son 1st - 6th grades. While at the school I thought it was great. Both kids were very involved and both had straight A's. We recently transferred to the Elmbrook School District and both of my children are struggling due to a major gap in the cirriculum. They went from being straight A students to very average and in some cases struggling. I am very diappointed at this point. There should not be such a gap from district to district.

I have been a Pershing school parent for 12 years, now, and I still have 2 more years after this one. Pershing was, and is, an AMAZING place for education and acceptance. They are consistent with discipline and expectations and the amazing thing about this school is the parental participation. Come to the Christmas concert too late, and you won't get a seat.

I love this school and the dedication of its staff and families so much that I am putting off relocation until my daughter completes the 6th grade (we're K-6)! We refer to our school as the Pershing Family and it truly is a family here! Our teachers and parents are dedicated to excellent communication daily and through a number of programs. This is the school others should model after!

This school is the best, not question. The staff cares about your child and that comes directly from the Principal on down. My kids are at both ends of the spectrum. My step-daughter is a TAG student there 4-6 now in 8th grade and my son completed K-6 and struggles with ADHD. No question Pershing meet boths of their very different needs and gave them every possible opportunity. I only wish we could go back now! We are in the MS years and things are not even close to the same! Most of the staff has served there for many years. This school is all about family and parents are very encouraged to get involved! My kids got a great start to life there. Thanks Pershing Staff we will never forget what you have done for us!

Last modified Pershing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.